Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out of the theatre, air was cool and crisp, motor running smooth…who pulls up next to me at the lights? …another MkII Supra I'd never seen before, goddam!!

He’s a little rough around the edges, obviously been doing work to it…interior stripped, red primer paint, modified exhaust…no idea what he’s got under the hood. I’m still running what’s left of last winter’s gas (1/8th tank 91 octane with fuel stabilizer and some octane boost to compensate).

Traffic is real light tonite, but it's Friday on Main Street at midnight...and to boot, we're near the local strip club - cops are likely, but I'm guessin' prob in the donut shop for another hour, lol.

I’m def not big into street racing (esp with a stock 5m), but when Spring Fever hits, who could resist a red light challenge with a fellow MkII!! I look over with a smile and he revvs it, there's no backing down...

The light turns green...we shoot ahead! Neck and neck, not an inch difference in accelerating. I was amazed at how close these two cars engaged. We’re doing 70 in a 50 (kmh) between lights when the next light turns red... we both jump on the binders, stop together, giving each other the thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Green…we’re on it again! Next light...split second decision time…do I wanna risk running a red? No, I could stop, so I did. He blew thru it as it turned red…yellow came and went real fast.

Damn, I thought, that's was a real heat score. Now having stopped, I felt kinda lame, since if there were any cops within earshot I’d be the sitting duck! Luckily for me no flashing lights in my rearview mirror and buddy ahead dropped out of sight. I pulled off the main drag on green... exit stage left.

No clear winner and could've been costly, but man, that was a hoot! :woot:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
…the first run was real quick, only like 5-6 seconds still in 2nd gear between lights.

The second pull got us in 3rd (dunno how fast). The donut shop was just ahead, so cops a plenty, I decided to err on the side of judgement and let him go...the challenge was actually being able to stop at the red light!

haha pulling up to another supra always puts a smile on your face XD
Ur right there, put a smile on my face 4 sure ;)...they're not many MkII’s around these parts.

By coincidence I was groovin’ to Cake ‘Going the Distance’ , great mood song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStIm0gNnUw

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
By coincidence I was groovin’ to Cake ‘Going the Distance’ , great mood song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStIm0gNnUw
^^^^ haha thats awesome! yeah not many around my parts either! there is one nice one in my town thats repainted blue but has kinda ugly tribals down the side but everytime i see him or another one i rubberneck like there is no tomorrow haha. my girlfriend thinks im weird cause i always gasp when i see beautiful cars but there could be a smoking hot girl in a bikini and i would only notice the car XD

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe, def. not a good idea to rubberneck the babes esp. when the gf is around...I always wear dark sunglasses, lol, still a couple months before the bikinis start shining up here. :cool:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I was with my wife on a sidewalk in Toronto when a green Jag XKE convertible went by. I stepped off the curb as the car went around the corner so I could see how flawless the paintwork was on the side of the car after it went by. It was flat out gorgeous. That car was mint. Just amazing.

As we started walking again, my wife says "She wasn't that good looking". I started telling her how good the paint and bodywork were on the car and how unusual that was for a car that old and she started laughing. I hadn't even seen the blonde driving it.

If they take care of it, in 20 years, that car is still going to be looking good!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As we started walking again, my wife says "She wasn't that good looking"....If they take care of it, in 20 years, that car is still going to be looking good!
Lucky oversight (or good recovery, lol)...same could prob be said about the blonde driving :laugh:

LOL Right on Greg ! Good judgement won that race my friend :) So , you have your car out already ? Lucky SOB!
Yeah, I admit it felt kinda lame not goin' for it at the time. Normally I wouldn't even join the midnight club, not like in the old days (esp. before Bill 203), but I would've been even more bummed had I not. I'll save it for the track this summer, maybe you'd like to come down for a few runs, eh?

Yeah, snow's all gone here now...had some other day, actually the first time TC Warrior has seen flurries.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'll have some time on my way home so a trip to your local track would be fun . I expect to be in your area between July24th-26th :)

It's still very much winter here ,,,,sighs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts