Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I've searched around the forums but I can't find exactly which weight to use in the rear end and is there a difference between the regular one listed for the transmission and the MT90? Damon was telling me which one to use but I can't remember right now, HELP!

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
MT90 is for the tranny. Use the 75w90 Gear Oil with LSD additive for the rear end. The difference between the two trannsmission oils (MTL and MT90) is the oil weight. The MT90 is what to use on trannies with more miles on them.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
You can use the LSD additive in the rear, but it is a bad thing to use the MT-90 in the rear. Use a gear oil that is more suited for the rear end, not manual tranny fluid.

In other words, we DO NOT recommend using either Redline MTL or the MT-90 in your LSD rear, Redline does make other products that can be used in the rear (like Redline Shockproof).

Go here: http://www.redlineoil.com/products.htm and start reading.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I have a slight noise in the tranny and I've heard that using redline will most of the time make it go away. I had the rearend rebuilt in LA about 5 years ago and just wanted to make sure I was doing all I could to protect it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts