Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I redrill my 4x114.3 drums to a 4x108? Since it's a smaller diameter I don't think I should hit the brakes, but I figure I would just double check..

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
What drums are you talking about? And unless if you have swapped the stubs, it will make no difference what anything else is drilled to.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's for my 78 Cressida. I can find a ton of rim/wheels combo in the mustang 4x108 that are dirt cheap. I thinking that I could hack of the studs and redrill for the 108. It would be nice if I could just file out the rim to make the 114.3, but I am worried about fubaring the rim. Shit, 14x7 centerline with tires go for 150 or cheaper in the Midwest.

No, I'm not after the Boso/drifter look, I'm more concerned about the gf driving in the snow. I have no interest in bad camber and stretched tires.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
So what are your plans to take care of the stubs? Most ones cannot be redrilled from what I have seen since there are reinforcement ribs around where the studs go through.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hmmm, that could be a hurdle.. lol. Thanks for the info.

I'm wondering if I could redrill, thread, and then use an open ended bulge lug nut?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts