Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
When was the last time you used a clay bar and some wax? Just curious!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,
Just picked up this car in NM yesterday...new for me, wiped off 1.5' of snow and saw my 95 MKIV in the reflection, thought i would snap a pic.

I have never heard of "clay bar" until now, I have researched it....bought some a few minutes ago. Talk in about 6 months, off to clay bar 18 cars...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Screw claybar/wax, that needs a cut and buff.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Clay bar is the shit! I remember when I was a detailer, over 10 years ago now and clay bar was just becoming popular. My manager handed me some and told me to go spray window cleaner in the can on the black BMW and rub it with the clay bar. I said something along the lines of ya right, nice try I am not that stupid, lol. He was like no really and showed me himself. I felt the car before and after he used the bar on it. I could not believe the difference. That car was smoother than a baby's ass where he had used it, but rough to the hand where he hadn't. You will be a believer once you try it. Nice pic by the way. It is like seeing the future looking back at the past, if that makes and sence, lol.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Screw claybar/wax, that needs a cut and buff.
+1. Claybar works wonders on removing dirt and debris from paint but to fix orange peel you need to break out the wet paper.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Yeah, but it never hurts to put the clay bar to a new acquisition and then see what the next step is (or leave it at that if you're happy with what you've got so far...)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Come on Greg, have you never waxed or taken a clay bar to your Supra?

PS: I did like the photo but I think you might want to take one from the front reflected in the front bumper. The one that got away! Or take one with the head lights in the same spot (above the logo). Fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts