Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to install a working cable track for my car's sunroof. When I removed the original sunroof track it had butyl rubber or something similar adhering it to the bottom of the sunroof pan. Has anyone reinstalled a track without removing the pan?

I noticed some other members have had issues with the seal around the pan cracking, deteriorating, and leaking so I figure it is probably best to pull the pan anyway so it can be resealed. After I manage to remove and clean the pan and roof skins, what would be the best thing to use to re bond the pan to the roof? I saw somewhere someone mentioned it is seam-sealed to the roof? Elsewhere I've read to use urethane just the same as the windshield? Has anyone done this before? Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do I need to use some kind of adhesive for the U-shaped track when I install it? or can i just screw it in? When i removed the track from my car it had butyl tape under the whole track? not just the area it mentions in the tsrm..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts