Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day and looking forward to some discussions.

I'm a 45 year old Canadian guy named Courtney and I've just purchased my second MKII.

I owned a 84 Celica Supra in 95, really enjoyed it.

I've been on this site many times over the last 10 years and have been searching for this car for a long time.
This car seems flawless, all original and original owner. 46,000 miles.

Plan to drive it in nice weather and keep it nice. Hopefully retire in 10 years and trailer it behind a motorhome as our get around car.

Just looking forward to heading down to pick it up in 2 weeks, can't wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Courtney,

Nice car!

Way to do it. Buy the nicest one you can to start with so that you can keep on top of the little things that crop up.

Whereabouts in Canada are you located?

Regards

Dale

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Courtney, Welcome to the forums!!

Maintenance is the key, be sure to check the sidewalls of those 14s tires...for age cracks and mfg date...

·
Founding Member
6,228 Posts
Plan to drive it in nice weather and keep it nice. Hopefully retire in 10 years and trailer it behind a motorhome as our get around car.
That's kind of a cool idea. I'm doing my best to retire early too but I keep spending money on these darned cars. House is paid off and I can start pulling an old-fashioned "pension" at age 54, tho I won't have saved enough to support a car hobby at that point. I may "semi-retire", ditch the office and get a part-time job just sweeping up the shop floor somewhere they restore classic cars. I think I'd be happy with not a lot of money if I could just be around classic cars, even they belonged to somebody else.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Huuuuuge score!!!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I've already asked about the tire age as the miles are so low. I've been told they are fairly recent.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Courtney,

Nice car!

Way to do it. Buy the nicest one you can to start with so that you can keep on top of the little things that crop up.

Whereabouts in Canada are you located?

Regards

Dale
Thanks, I'm in northern Manitoba.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh wow, was that the car from Gateway? That thing looked spectacular!
That's the one, love the color, no rust and a car I can take care of without rebuilding first. Only the 2nd one I've seen in such nice shape and the other was around $28,000 usd... so I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For the Canadians on here, do they require us to modify for daytime running lights on classic cars?

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
DRL's were not "invented" at that time, so normally, they should not be required, but as you found out, very easy to integrate.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes Speedrye it is spotless. The rear washer fluid bag is all there and the inside of the rear panels are basically new car condition.
Tape deck and speakers are weak, antenna mast ordered, exhaust has a split and I'm arranging with raptor racing for stainless exhaust. a/c also needs recharging.
As you can see the spare is all original, never been used and other than 34 years of old tech wearing, it is in amazing shape.

121.jpg 122.jpg 123.jpg 124.jpg 125.jpg

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DRL's were not "invented" at that time, so normally, they should not be required, but as you found out, very easy to integrate.
RedP85, Manitoba requires DRLs and immobilizers in order to pass safety. Thankfully, I talked with some guys at Manitoba Antique and Collector Car Assoc. and they told me it should be exempt from
those as it is an OEM car. If you have upgraded the stereo, even seat covers, you are not exempt... go figure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts