Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tokicos and Eibachs are on the way, and I was wondering if I should be replacing any bushings?

Front & Rear End Control Bushings
Front Strut Rod Bushings
Front End Link Set

Are these bushings easy to replace whilest i'm doing the suspension?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
They wont be any easier with the suspension off the car. Its just 3 bolts in the front and 2 bolts in the rear that seperates the suspension from the comtrol arms. Its better to do those when you need balljoints or something where the conrol arm needs to come off the car anyway as you have to have the bushings pressed in and out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You might want to look into replacing the "bushing" that bolts onto the top of the front struts, especially if you have an inexplicably shaky steering wheel. I'm talking about the piece that has the 3 bolts that come up through the strut towers. I think the ones I got were from Monroe, and they were fairly cheap.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've done them all when I went w/ Tokicos also. Strut rod - cake. End links - came with ADDCO bars - cake. Control arm bushings - tried pressing these out - but arm was crushing.. big PIA and my car is a 'not a spec of rust' AZ car.. decided origs were pretty good, so have a few new stock Toyotas...you need any? Jay B
--------------
Front & Rear End Control Bushings
Front Strut Rod Bushings
Front End Link Set

Are these bushings easy to replace whilest i'm doing the suspension?[/quote]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts