Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Make sure to use 2 wrenches, clutch wrenches if you have them...

·
Registered
1985 P-type, manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thx for the tips. I think I’m gonna just put it back as is. It works, with no leaks. Right now anyway, that’s good enough…

Rained all afternoon here, so no painting today. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
1985 P-type, manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Prepped and painted parts finally. Top half of the tank is ready. Putting a couple of coats on the bottom tomorrow. I need to reattach the rubber anti-vibration pads to the top of the tank. Does anyone have suggestions for a good adhesive for these things??

Musical instrument Glove Bumper Guitar Musical instrument accessory

Musical instrument Asphalt Road surface Bumper Gas

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
3M makes a very good and versatile spray adhesive. If not, good old contact glue.

Reactions: AJ

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Or stop by your local auto parts store as Jocelyn stated 3M makes great products as well as Permatex

Permatex High Strength Weatherstrip Adhesive Liquid 2 oz labels says can be repositioned after application
Permatex High Strength Weatherstrip Cement Liquid 2 oz

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Contact cement or weatherstrip adhesive. Something flexible.

·
Registered
1985 P-type, manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
For the most part, whatever was on there previously must have gone away. Only a couple of them were sticky, the others were literally laying on top of the tank. I can see why the glue should be flexible.

·
Registered
1985 P-type, manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
She’s alive! My son helped with the fuel-tank-push-ups. Strapped it up, plugged it in, and added gas. When I primed the pump, I could hear the fuel running pretty well. I don’t think I could even hear it before when it was running previously.

I had a head slap moment when I was getting ready to put it back in. When I started, I could have removed the tank shield AFTER I removed the tank. Would have been much easier that way. I did put it on prior to reinstalling the tank however…

Also, I confess I put off the fuel * pump * till later, but I was running short on time. Plus, one project at a time.

Thanks to all that contributed! 😃

Edited*****
I meant fuel ** FILTER** !!

I put off the changing the fuel filter for another time.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts