Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
I recently purchased what was listed as a Cardone front windshield wiper motor for my 85 Celica Supra from "ImportedWarehouse." The item that arrived is clearly not a genuine Cardon rebuilt wiper motor. The box says nothing about it being Cardone, there are labels that were later put on old labels (in which none of them claim to be Cardone). The unit itself had been painted blue. The motor and packaging look very old as if it has been sitting on a shelf for 20 years. The actual motor looks different in appearance from the one I took off my vehicle today. It is slimmer and the connectors are different. For example, one of the connectors has only one prone and wire while the one that was on my vehicle has three.

My intentions are to send the wiper motor I removed this evening to Cardone for a rebuild. Cardone told me that I must start this process by going through O'Reillys, Napa or CarQuest. I now intend to send this ebay wiper motor back as it is obviously not the correct part for my Celica Supra. My assumptions are that it is either for a Celica, or some other sort of Toyota. Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

· Registered
598 Posts
Here are photos showing the front wiper motor that I removed from my Supra this evening, vs. the one I purchased from ebay. You can see that they look different (other than the obvious color difference). Does the blue one appear to be a match for a Celica? Notice the plugs are different between the blue one and the one from my vehicle.

Odd looking wiring from the wiper motor pulled from my Supra today:

· Registered
598 Posts
Interesting, I did not know that! Any ideas what vehicle the blue wiper motor goes to? Regardless, I think I will request to send it back today since it does not look like the one from my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.