Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys buy your 6MGE's from? How much am i looking at spending on one? What kind of mileage do most of them come with? Will the gasket kit for a 5MGE work? What about all the seals (cam seals, crank seals.......ect.)

Ian K

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I woulden't suggest buying from toysport I waited over 6 months to get mine

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Ray, any idea what shipping to Vancouver BC would be like on one of those? And roughly how much you charge for them?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'ma have to check on the shipping to Vancouver...but last I remember, Canada and BC was between 100-150 bucks, add 75 bucks to that if you need a liftgate truck. The 6M's are going for $600 right now.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I can deliver the engine to you if the border flunkies don't hassle me. You like that? I'm close to Vancouver, and can make a weekend trip out of it. Want it installed? I can do that as well. My price for a low mileage 6mge, with new valve cover gaskets/grommets, cam seals, main seals, and oil pump driveshaft seals, timing belt, and water pump installed is $1052. Please let me know if you are interested.
-Aaron
RabidChimp.com

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
sweet, nice to know aaron. I'll definatly be doing the rebuild and install myself when I do it but nice to know they're a close suplier. Hmmm, maybe I'll come down with a nice cf or fg hood on and use your garage for a weekend and drive back with a new tax and duty free motor and a bent up ol black hood :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Rabid Chimp said:
I can deliver the engine to you if the border flunkies don't hassle me. You like that? I'm close to Vancouver, and can make a weekend trip out of it. Want it installed? I can do that as well. My price for a low mileage 6mge, with new valve cover gaskets/grommets, cam seals, main seals, and oil pump driveshaft seals, timing belt, and water pump installed is $1052. Please let me know if you are interested.
-Aaron
RabidChimp.com
do you think they will hassle you?
because i am looking for one...because my father has gotten a new car and this car is going into the garage with bad rings and compression and leaking oil..so was looking for a more powerful motor

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
yes they would, it would be best to bring the car to Aaron in WA and pay him to do it then drive it back with the new motor. There are lots of shops in town that can do it too, just hard to find a 6m here. But we have emmissions testin so you may want to stick with a 5m

·
Registered
579 Posts
SupraFiend said:
yes they would, it would be best to bring the car to Aaron in WA and pay him to do it then drive it back with the new motor. There are lots of shops in town that can do it too, just hard to find a 6m here. But we have emmissions testin so you may want to stick with a 5m
what if i transfer the Egr onto the 6mge?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts