Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to Compomotive a while back and just got a response. I thought I would post it here.

-------------------------------------
Hi

The most affordable option would be one piece wheels from our MO range in 16" or 17" suggesting 7's front and 8's rear

cost for a set of 4 would be 16"£625.00 inc UK carriage and VAT
17" would be £746.00 again inclusive

The more exclusive option would be modular wheels which we could supply as 7" front 9" rear.

16" works out at £1120.00 and 17" £ 1373.00

again inclusive of carriage and VAT

Production is to order and one piece wheels are 14-21 days modular wheels 28-42 days

Trust the above meets with your approval

For Now

Mark
------------------------------------

625.00 GBP = 1,039.30 USD

1,120.00 GBP = 1,862.51 USD

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
not bad at all, not too bad at all

1000 us$ = 1300 can$
give or take

:D
hmm, wheel options (groan.... pun not intended)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Have you tried talking to the usa dealer? I got mine through www.usacomp.com. The lady who answers the phone is really nice and will hook ya up! If you have a bus. tax ID number(TIN ore EIN), tell her and you'll get another few percent off your order!
Just be prepared though, it takes a while to get the rims. I waited over 6 weeks to get mine (mainly because the UK side screwed up the shipping), but they were worth the wait!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased 3-piece wheels with the center of CX-type, from the Compomotive factory about 12 years ago.
Wheel size is 8"x16" all around, with offset -6mm (stock is -8) on the front, and +6mm on the rear.
Wheel size 225/50x16 all around.
On the rear, even som more millimetres could have been added to the offset, but I had to order them with no rejection possibility, so I just did'nt take the chance. The next time I am going to replace the tires though, I will go to 245/50 or 255/45 tires in the rear.

I am very satisfied with the wheels, although it looks as if the aluminium metal which they have used to press the outer rims, has vapors inside on some spots.

They look great, they don't loose pressure, and run very well without vibrations, even at speeds over 200 kph.

·
Registered
870 Posts
dogstar said:
not bad at all, not too bad at all

1000 us$ = 1300 can$
give or take

:D
hmm, wheel options (groan.... pun not intended)
I don't think you can apply the same exchange rate for $$ versus lbs! It's more like the otherway around.

Chad, I wonder how long it took to get a response? Not good to wait weeks. That happened to me alot and I wouldn't deal with any company that's slow to respond. I'm sure most agree!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i didnt, i used an online exchange rate calculator
www.xe.com

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Inge:

Are you sure you don't have the offsets reversed? :wink:

It should be like +8mm on the front and -8mm on the rear.

Regards,
James

·
Premium Member
7,979 Posts
There was a group buy approx 1 yr ago for Compomotives 16x8.5" "0" offset see FAQ on wheels for more information.

Price was $375 each including one extra outer wheel piece and lugs/locks.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
The exchange rate isn't great right now for buying stuff from Europe. Thats probably where most of the price difference is. I think I was quoted 1600 or 1700 a year or two ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts