Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Restoring 85 MK2. Some pieces have been located right here on this Forum and others from here and there.:)
Thus far I have replaced entire A/C system, complete brake system, spark plugs, plug wires, tires, starter, alternator, sunroof motor, headliner, Side trim moldings, fiberglass rocker panels and a host of other mechanical items I cant remember. The project stalled after portion of frame cracked. Some pics attached of car and refurbished parts.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille Bumper Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Rectangle Gas Font Electric blue Circle
Tool Wood Auto part Metal Composite material
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Jaw Wheel

White Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design Font

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time and Money. Fabrication shop has a plan. I just need the money to pay for their time.:ROFLMAO: I have a donor car they may pull the subframe off of or they might jut fabricate something. IDK either way might have to pull a running engine. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Yowww that cracked frame portion is rough to look at. What is your path forward now?
I had that on my 85 back in the day. That thing broke and allowed the wheel to shoot forward into the fender flare destroying it. Local shop just welded some angle iron on it and saved the day. No prob. Never got around to replacing the fender flare tho...

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,652 Posts
I had that on my 85 back in the day. That thing broke and allowed the wheel to shoot forward into the fender flare destroying it. Local shop just welded some angle iron on it and saved the day. No prob. Never got around to replacing the fender flare tho...
I did a write up on here... on replacing the Flare Studs with Stainless Steel... U can do it yourself if U are somewhat mechanically minded.

It's waaaay too expensive to ship the Flares... but if someone lives near the Toronto/ Kitchener-Waterloo area... I can do it for you...

Anyway...IMHO.. no need to throw out perfectly good flares.. when the only thing wrong is around $15 worth of Stainless Steel "Studs"

Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.