Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

Haven't really done much in the way of posts on here, so going to start with little history of me and my MA61's

As you can tell by my username i'm a bit of a ol skool freek, had all sorts of UK Fords, GM's (Vauxhalls in UK), BMW (e30's), then a couple of years a go I was offered for free a 1984 Celica Supra 2.8 Manual..(Which I still have got but in many pieces), loved the looks so much that one day whilst surfing ebay for some parts, stumbled across one exactly the same with a 7mgte in it. Needless to say I did a deal with the owner and she was mine. Unfortuately after annoying a lot of M3 and Scooby owners it let go of its head gasket :-( I was then to be told the engine was a little knackered, along with the car itself. So to cut a long story short I removed the engine and bits and have them ready to use for this project. What is this project you ask, well again I found the car whilst skimming through some online ad sites. Its a 1986 Celica Supra with some rather interesting mods.

Sunroof removed, welded up and roof re-covered.

Door handles removed, and now work on solinods activated from the key fob (going to lock them in there arent I!!)

Full interior recovered, along with lots of gauges, including turbo boost and timer, although it has a normal 2.8 in it??

Painted in a rather interesting orange, which you either love or hate (I happen to love it which is a good thing!)

OK so lets get down to the plan, here's what ive collected so far

- All the 7mgte conversion bits from previous car - *** CHANGE OF PLAN NOW GOING 2JZ!! ****
- White line adjustable anti roll bars, (Front and Back) - recent purchase
- 300zx alloy 4 pots and discs (hubs off being machined at the moment)
- Black diamond combi rear rotors and pads.

Parts I plan to purchase next

Suspension
Full polybush kit
Ground control coilover sleeves
New rear springs and adjuster platforms (TBC)
KYB AGX shocks
Cusco camber plates

Brakes
Just need the brake lines to run to 4 pots

Engine
** 2JZ GTE ***

What do I need?

Lots and lots of advice and guidance ;-)

The parts above are really what i've got to by research, so comments and advice are welcome. In the meantime i'll get some pics up :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there retrostu,

Cracking project and I'm with you on the colour. It looks great.
I'm also in the UK and am at the begining of a fairly intense supra build.
Just wanted to know if you are building the cage from plans?

Good luck

Hugh

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there retrostu,

Cracking project and I'm with you on the colour. It looks great.
I'm also in the UK and am at the begining of a fairly intense supra build.
Just wanted to know if you are building the cage from plans?

Good luck

Hugh

I have an awesome guy that just left a renowned motorsports company to go on his own. Here's his website add with contact details.

http://www.rawmotorsport.co.uk/

Doing and excellent job as you can see at an extremely reasonable price!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can I ask for more pictures/specs on the side skirts??

and why the car has california plates??
The california plates were put on as a bit of fun by a previous owner for show purposes.

I'll try and find out a bit more about the side skirts for you when I get back from my Hols next week

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi stu:thumbsup:
Im also neil walker from driftworks ;) good to see your orange one and hope to see it in the flesh at some point, oh yeah, sorry about being slack with the wing and door handle:eekfacepalm:
I will still have them if you still got?, will contact you soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Certainly am! :)

Got back yesterday from my Hols and spoke to him today. All ready to pick up, so heading down Saturday :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's a serious rollcage! I take it it's going ot have a halo bar too?

what are you thinking for door bars? will you tie it into the shock towers too?

Yep will have a halo bar and the door bars are to be crossed.

Yep its supposed to be tied in all the way from the front struts to the rear shock towers. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi stu:thumbsup:
Im also neil walker from driftworks ;) good to see your orange one and hope to see it in the flesh at some point, oh yeah, sorry about being slack with the wing and door handle:eekfacepalm:
I will still have them if you still got?, will contact you soon
Yep still got em, give me a shout whenever

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Few more pics showing further progress. Just a diagonal to go behind the driver, then its on to removing the engine, etc and preparing engine and interior compartments ready for some paint! :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts