Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to get it inspected today, failed :x .. exhaust leak, emergancy brake (button missing), revlights wont work.

new bulbs. NOPE, pulled out the Supra bible.. wasnt much help! disco wires from plug hooked up directly to battery, it acted like a dead short :x .. rev on battery same thing.. any clue guys :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
power window's work fine.. how are they linked?? i got to say 1 thing.. TOYOTA'S are tough but a PITA on this wiring stuff.. boggles my mind! :shock: if it was bad then when i put straight 12v to it.. that would have made the direct short @ the battery like i figured.. any other input fella's?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Virginia state inspection laws states that....
"...when there is no bulb and socket, it is not inspectable..."

I have swapped my auto to 5 speed and since then I am still lazy to install the reverse light wiring from the tranny... it has been 2 inspections already and they always brag about the reverse light being out... but I always pass the inspection due to the old no bulb and socket technique... I removed bold bulbs and sockets of the reverse light and get it inspected and once I told them that I don't have a socket neither a bulb... they just look at it and slap a sticker in... problem solved

well... this is just a quick fix foryour car to get inspected within the 15 days allowed from being rejected on state inspections...

BTW... I have the whole state inspections book on my hand... it is very handy and it is hard to get too... the luck of being in automotive school

Jay

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny you should say that.. and ill try it.. they didnt say nothing about my side repeaters not working ro the fact that i didn't have any rear markers.. i have the JDM vents instead :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
if they do flame about the reverse light bulb and socket not being there.... tell the inspector that it is not inspectable if it is not installed (the bulb and socket) and if he is still flaming aoubt it... tell him to look at his book about it

Jay

if they still arrogant about it the book is always there for reference and it is the bible of state inspectors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts