Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hmm let me think about that and consult my EWDs. What year is your car again?

·
Registered
25 Posts

1983 supra with a 1989 7mgte

·
Registered
25 Posts

Exactly what im talking about!! thats the sucker, your diagrams look different than that plug.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yupp because I haven't ever seen a plug like that, must be an 83' thing. I'll do a chart up for it. to sub in for 83's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dang it! Ok. Well thank you for all of your much appreciated help and patience. I'll be here waiting patiently hahah. Thank you

Jeremy

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yupp because I haven't ever seen a plug like that, must be an 83' thing. I'll do a chart up for it. to sub in for 83's.
Yep, it's the 83's version of the 84/5 E1. Color codes are the same, just like the 7mgte side of things, just a plug change.

Delve into the 82 EWD ;) just for giggle .... both plugs are different again, and, you have to add a wire, and swap gauge clusters, to have a check engine light, and, the starter wire runs thru the engine harness like a MKIII.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
OH JOY! :) why do we do this to ourselves? haha Yeah I've thought about the 82' pre-TCCS but haven't felt the need to try it yet and make a test piece for my 82'. It's just to purdy to screw around with it. :p

·
Registered
906 Posts
Lmao ... Why do we do this to ourselves ? Can't speak for anyone else, but, it -- was -- fun, exciting, challenging at one point.

Then, it became another job, monotonus, boring .... working at the wrecking yard, building cars, and trying to start my own business -- twice -- flat freaking burned me out. Add in the tight asses here, and the issues, that only twice, were my fault, and not getting paid for the addition 100's of hours of problem solving overall .... and I threw in the towel. Many things unrelated to the cars/forums, helped with that decision, but, leaving the industry as a whole, and making it " just " a hobby, relieved enough of the burden and stress, to keep me around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got my car running with your pnp instrutions but it does not seam like it is running on all cylinders and what 7m relays, moduals in the engine bay that the engine wiring harnes plugs into do i use if any?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Lee. Just checking in to see if you could still help me with the configuration of that pita 83 year plug? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i got my car running with your pnp instrutions but it does not seam like it is running on all cylinders and what 7m relays, moduals in the engine bay that the engine wiring harnes plugs into do i use if any?
Well good to know you got it kinda running. I used the 7M ignition module and injector resistor box. The rest is just the 5M body harness stuff. Might want to check your timing/Coils/CPS.

Hey Lee. Just checking in to see if you could still help me with the configuration of that pita 83 year plug? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
Yeah I'm still planning on doing one up for you. I've just been consumed with my swap, SupraStu's swap, and a bunch of other little random projects. I'll do what I can by the end of this month

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool deal Lee! Thank you. I was just hoping you didnt forget about hahahaha.

Jeremy

·
Registered
906 Posts

Jeremy
Match the wire colors from the Lee's diagrahm to your plug. Yes, it's as simple as that to get it to work for the 83.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dude on tps what voltage you sub post to see on the plug from the top to the bottom, i am having problem with it i went for a test drive it was good for 15min then it start bucking when you go near the throttle but dose mot stall. i got a code 41 tps and a code 31 maf, i ordered another tps but i don't want to burn this one to.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
yeah I usually look up those on all data or the TSRM online I don't have a link to the TSRM but you can find it on here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Match the wire colors from the Lee's diagrahm to your plug. Yes, it's as simple as that to get it to work for the 83.
Let me pick my brains up off the floor and try this!

21 - 40 of 168 Posts