Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a set of Rikken 15x7 with a 0 offset will fit our cars. They are from a 280zx so i assume the bolt pattern is right(right?) but what about the offset?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Should fit fine assuming you don't try and stuff some 275/60s on the front :). They might look a little pulled in from the stock wheels with the 0 offset (actually about a 1/4" in).

·
Registered
207 Posts
SilverMk2, you mean "pushed out" right? i got 16x7 (0)offset rikens with 225/50/16 tires...pushed out a little compared to stock.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
They will fit no problem at all. Stick with a 225 on the front and if you want 245 on the rear only.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks thats good to hear. I found some in Calgary for about 50 a set :shock:

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
wow, thats an incredible price! What kind of shape are they and is there other sets?

15x7 0 offset is a perfect size for the front of our cars! An extra 10mms sticking out brings the rims nice and flush with the side of the flare. You shouldn't have any rubbing problems at all up there, but stick with 225/50-15s like was already mentioned. Excellent choice of tires in that size, and they're cheap cheap cheap. Unfortuantly the rear is another matter. 15x7 0 offset fits decently in the rear, but we can get away with some pretty crazy offsets back there. A 7 to 10mm spacer would do wonders for looks but you still won't be that close to having the rim flush with the flare like your front will be. Take a look at my car...

http://www.pbase.com/image/4528333

Thats a 15x7 +17mm riken on the front and a 15x7 0 offset Enkie on the rear. As you can see the front rim could come out a bit more and the rear could come out waaaay more! Keep in mind this car has ST springs. BTW this combo of wheels and offsets are abosolutly perfect on an AE86, I have these wheels on my wife's right now and they are dead on perfect.

Anyways the real unfortunate part about 15 inch rims on the rear of our cars is tire selection. A 225/50-15 is about .8 inchs shorter then a 225/60-14, which means your speedo and odometer will be turning about 3 percent faster then they should be. If this doesn't bother you, and if performance is all your care about then it shouldn't (shorter tire will be faster), then go for that tire size as it handles great, looks great and the tires are cheap and plentiful. If you really want to maintain the stock diameter though you will have to go for something like a 225/55-15 (good luck finding a decent tire in that size) or for a 245/50-15. There is only one tire made in that size now, its the Dunlop SP Sport 8000. Thats a really nice tire but the problem is it may go out of production soon (its the only one available in that size :cry: ) and it has a treadwear rating of 200! Thats pretty low, 400 is a good number for a moderate performance street tire. The other problem is that size is a little on the wide side for a 7 inch rim, it will fit but it will be tight and if you really abuse the tire it will wear a little funny and won't provide optimal grip.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were on Ebay but didnt sell. I asked if he still wanted to sell them since he is in Calgary and it would save me some shipping and him some packaging but he had already found a buyer for them. He got 390.US for them :!: Oh well I knew it was to good to be true. For the record they were an ugly gold color but they were straight and clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts