Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share some very sad news related to Dave - ddd228 in Seattle. After an extremely difficult 2nd battle with cancer, he passed away yesterday morning. Even when fighting through the pain and the tough times, he always enjoyed this forum and requested that I let folks know that he's no longer riding around in his 84 Celica.

He brought a lot of knowledge to the forum and loved the platform and the nuances of the vehicles more than anyone I knew. He was still thinking of doing a transmission filter and fluid change before his latest battle and will be sorely missed. I just hope he's free of pain and that he gets to drive that cheery Gen 3 in the sky.

See you around old friend

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Dave's passing.
I recall his surgery in February of 2021 and how upbeat he was about it even though he had undergone an incredibly difficult procedure.
I have seen his posts since 2005 and will always remember his sense of humor.
He was, and in my mind, always will be a character that helped make this forum so much fun.

Dale

Reactions: ddd228 and Zoe

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Very sad news for everybody.
Sincere sympathies to whoever wrote in his place, and to his family.
Even if many here has never met him in person, he will be remembered and mist. As Dale mentionned, he was part of the long time members that have contributed immensely to make this forum like family and friends.
Thank you Dave.

·
Founding Member
6,764 Posts
Earlier this week I lost a coworker and friend unexpectedly and now Dave too. My world is pretty small, just family, work and cars and in just a few days, seems very much smaller. Will miss you Dave.

Reactions: ddd228

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Dave was a good helpful CS member that I will certainly miss. He had a good sense of humor and wit that brought a positive light here. May he RIP.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate all your thoughts and kind words. I know when Dave had his laryngectomy early last year, he became even more focused on communicating via the web and such and this was most definitely one of his favorite forums. I'll be sure to share everyone's condolences and comments with his family, when I see them later this week.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Sad news for sure. He will be missed.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh no that are sad news!
I never knew him personally, only from the forum but despite all is health struggles he was ever so positive and always full of energy! He will be remembered by quite a few forum members, I am sure.
May he rest in peace, with his family members and friends who went along this path before him! Lighting a candle for Dave.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed reading Dave’s posts. He definitely had a personality that will not be matched by anyone else. And clearly he had a passion and knowledge for these cars. I pray that he is resting peacefully with God.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Awful news to learn of today. I'm glad I got to meet him in person a few years back at PacNW Nationals, he was such a character. He would usually sign off his emails with the most random funny pictures... most of which you wouldn't get away with posting on here haha. My condolences to Dave's family, he was a great guy and he will absolutely be missed around here.

-Andrew

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awful news to learn of today. I'm glad I got to meet him in person a few years back at PacNW Nationals, he was such a character. He would usually sign off his emails with the most random funny pictures... most of which you wouldn't get away with posting on here haha. My condolences to Dave's family, he was a great guy and he will absolutely be missed around here.

-Andrew
Thank you Andrew.
Dave and I would make a day trip to the grudge drags at SIR (Seattle International Raceway) back in the mid 70's. He drove a 1954 Ford and he blew out a few "pumpkins" over the years. This was probably the beginning of his skills to fix and improve his machines. Then he had the 1962 Falcon with a 6 cylinder that was crazy fast. I think he had a 4.57 "pumpkin" that came off the line pretty fast. Yeah, lots of good car memories with my oldest brother.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts