Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ripping up the streets of Berthoud

what a sick kind of a sport, had full gear on in 15mph winds....what a hoot !!

any wind surfers in the group, spent a few summers out at Mt. Hood....ski in the morning, windsurf in the afternoon......those were the day's.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
That is seriously awesome! Did you just use a kite from windsurfing and mount it to your long board?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drilled a hole in the front section of my long board to mount the quick release base....shebang, surfing the streets. Thing rips in moderate winds, scary fast---< like 2JZ fast without the lag. Windsurfing small sail (3.5m or smaller), boom, mast and base......you can find this equipment very inexpensive used, does not need to be quality stuff.

I will take a video tomorrow if the winds are up !!

That is seriously awesome! Did you just use a kite from windsurfing and mount it to your long board?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tight trucks and red bushings FTW!

A buddy and I took an old snowboard and his big kite with dual strings to the beach at Seaside, OR once. Sandblasted the hell out of the board!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It's been too many years since I've windsurfed. I only had to be towed back in once. Around here I'd need a wetsuit, if not a drysuit.

However I spent part of the summer after college as a sailing instructor in Newport RI giving short courses in sailing, though with sometimes no wind it became courses in sculling. The winter after that I was near Jackson and really learned to ski decently (not expert, but could usually get down Thunder Run without falling - always, prefer Targhee).

I really should try a snowboard. Probably better on my old knees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts