Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Kia Sportage take exception to my signal and then lane change this morning-He was bump drafting me like little E at talledega-Thankfully, no damage to my car-like most of these ive been in, I just took off-wouldnt play with him-Think that made him even more mad-Anybody else run into one of these Anger Management poster Chilluns recently?

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
ohhh man dont get me started all up again :mad: i get to see this every morning going to school and work. 6-8 am and 3-5pm Rush hour :x
i get people with Geo metors to Big A$$ SUV's with a bad case of Road Rage.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i never ever get road rage.....i figure i'm sure that i make mistakes or piss people off trying to make skillful passes in traffic so i don't mind....just a honk to let them no i'm there. These soccer moms in their monster suv's like to change lanes drastically without a signal. I swear sometimes they want to ruin my poor little supra!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know if it counts as road rage, but i'd call it a major hatred of people who just refuse to use their blinkers, especially in heavy traffic. I could swear there was some mandatory death sentence for repeat offenders..if not, i'm writing my senator! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
No signals is pretty bad but what really gets me is when you turn on your signal to change lanes and the jackass that's already in the lane you are trying to merge into speeds up and blocks you off. Maybe that's just in my area but it sometimes makes me want to drive a hummer. That way I'd just change lanes anyway and to hell with them.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I was riding my cycle one night and turned onto a street and ended up behind a car. As I was closing on the car, it took me a second to realise I had my high beams one. By the time I flicked the low beams I had been behind this car MAYBE 15 seconds... about 3 miles up the road, it splits into 2 lanes and comes to a light. Just as I pull up next to the guy to make a left and put my foot down, the guy, his passenger, and someone in the back of the car begin pelting me with Chili dogs, soda and cheese fries... Before I can even react to the "Barrage" the guy takes off and makes a left. I was about to go after him till I looked down the road and saw him pulled over with a Black and White behind him... :D

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Supra Bob said:
I was riding my cycle one night and turned onto a street and ended up behind a car. As I was closing on the car, it took me a second to realise I had my high beams one. By the time I flicked the low beams I had been behind this car MAYBE 15 seconds... about 3 miles up the road, it splits into 2 lanes and comes to a light. Just as I pull up next to the guy to make a left and put my foot down, the guy, his passenger, and someone in the back of the car begin pelting me with Chili dogs, soda and cheese fries... Before I can even react to the "Barrage" the guy takes off and makes a left. I was about to go after him till I looked down the road and saw him pulled over with a Black and White behind him... :D
Justice Served! :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I deffinatly understand the lack of blinker usage. What is that all about anyways? do they think that if they don't signal that maybe no one will see them change lanes?
I'm just glad i have a truck to drive around when i'm feeling extra road ragey. It's got a 6" lift, 33" mud tires and a 200lb winch bumper. Someone stopped short on me a couple of months back (without a blinker mind you) SMASH! right threw the rear of her blazer. I was going maybe 30mph before i locked up the brakes & slid into her. Oh well, her tailgate, window, bumper was ruined and i got a dime sized scuff/scratch on my bumper :lol:
Now only if i had a camera running so i wouldn't get the blame because i rear ended her. There has gotta be a law like hidden somewhere!

·
Registered
66 Posts
had to count to ten....

Was driving home after picking up my son from daycare (was in my GMC Envoy, not the Supra), and was driving past a parking lot, when some woman pulls up to the exit and stops. Seing her pull up, I instinctively pull my foot off the gas, and put it over the brake, but not down, thinking "no way is she gonna go, it's suicide.".
So, she goes, pulls a left in front of me, across two lanes of traffic.
I stomp on the brakes, while hitting the horn, and screaming.
I stopped, no lie, with six inches between my front end and her driver door.
She just kept on driving leisurely across the lanes and made her turn, the stopped at the light that was right there.
I actually gripped the wheel to turn the frigging truck around, to drag her out of her car and beat her to a pulp. Stopped myself, because I did have a nine-month-old in the back seat (he slept through the whole encounter, btw).
If I hadn't had my foot over the brake, or had been tuning the radio, or checking my rear view mirror, I absolutely would have killed her.
Had to pull over and sit for five minutes until my blood pressure calmed down.
It's OK if you drive like a monkey and kill yourself, but put my kid in danger and watch out.
:mad:

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I have that same problem where I work. Cars entering have the right of way, but every few days some moron decides to pull out right in front of me... My car is a little Eagle Talon. No way is it gonna survive crashing into anything larger than a Hot Wheels car...if that. I always lay on the horn, but it does no good.

Making matters worse, the traffic light in front of the entrance has caused quite a few accidents, and I think one was fatal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I honk, and finger at anyone who doesn't know how to drive, piss me off, or just have their high beams on that flash my eyes.

Yeah, I have a back up in my car, and his name is mister heat sink. a 2 foot heat sink good for batting people incase they decide to step out.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Driving the truck/camper home from work one day I took a blind exit ramp and found a truck sitting in the middle of the road. Slammed on the brakes..shifted the camper and got it stopped. Figured the guy was broke down but no. They were just talking!!! in the middle of the road around a blind corner. After they started driving again I passed and gave them the finger (I was mad and shaking-came that close to writing us both off) I then drove for home but they followed for about 2-3 KMs untill i got stopped at a light. Then the Driver gets out and walks to my Passenger window(he was so brave!) and starts yelling at me and threatening me saying I might lose my finger if i keep using it like that. Well I was first in line and he was behind me. I saw the opposing light go yellow and when I got the green I just smiled at him as I pulled away...left him standing in the road with a line of cars honking and shaking thier fists at him. I was quite amused. The guy was in his 50s!! But It goes to show you can never tell when something is going to escalate.

Hasnt stopped me from using that finger though. But in the mk2 they are less likely to keep up :D

-Wil

·
Registered
138 Posts
The other day i was driving down the interstate (in my crappy focus) doing about 80 in the fast lane passing a woman in a yellow H2 who was on the phone with one hand and a drink in the other, she is all over the road and almost slams into me so i honk and flick her off, so she puts down the drink, keeps the phone to her ear and flicks me off with her other hand! still no way to stear that beast of a car, prob has one kid so she thinks she needed the biggest car to haul ass in
p.s. mobile phones are evil!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Felixatvtc said:
Now only if i had a camera running so i wouldn't get the blame because i rear ended her. There has gotta be a law like hidden somewhere!
Im pretty convinced that nothing will prove your not at fault in a rear end collision...

my friend, while driving his firefly, slid about 5 car lengths in the rain downhill into the rear bumber of a woman (no stereotype intended) who had stopped for a GREEN LIGHT, which she had apparently "got in trouble for going through last time."
needless to say he was at fault. :? I mean, everyone knows that green lights can be potentially dangerous and should allways be stopped at just incase. I mean, thats why they have different colors for stop and go, right? what a load of crap.

but at least the whole thing made him buy a car with TWICE as many cylinders as his last one!

·
Registered
43 Posts
superneatdave said:
I don't know if it counts as road rage, but i'd call it a major hatred of people who just refuse to use their blinkers, especially in heavy traffic. I could swear there was some mandatory death sentence for repeat offenders..if not, i'm writing my senator! :)
Or "gangsta" style: Speeding in a beater Monte Carlo with gold plated Daytons, a loud stereo system, tinted windows attempting to merge into bumper to bumper traffic while going 40+ mph. Then when things don't go their way, they use the emergency lanes to speed around the congestion and then swoop in front of unsuspecting drivers. Did I mention that they're driving with their elbows instead of their hands and are probably burning blunts as well?

That's how they do it near downtown Los Angeles... :evil: ....where's a cop when you need one...freaking ridiculous?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
picture it... im driving a black 95 suburban towing a 30' ski boat, with 8 passengers in the truck and a bunch of luggage, big heavy load.

this kid in a lil firefly zipping through traffic zips in front of me with no signal and i tag his bumper, send him spinning and spiralling across three lanes.

i stop the truck and get out, and this kid jumps out with a bat.
he was threatening me and waving it around when the unmarked cop pulls up behind him, and im standing there egging him on "come on lil boy, hit me, i DARE you"

the cop stands beside his car, within 10 feet of this kid, chuckling and smirking for about 30 seconds, then proceeds to walk up and take the bat, saying "i saw pretty much the whole incident, dont worry about anything" as he leads the kid to the back seat of the cop car.

i have never laughed so freaking hard, i literally had to go take a leak in the ditch to keep from messing myself.

and the kid kept trying to deny everything, saying it was my fault.
i was chasing him down and trying to kill him, in a suburban with a boat.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Too bad the cop didn't take the bat away and let you two go at it for a little while before he arrested the idiot! That would be a great end...
Personally, I'd like to bend the kid over and stuff the fawkin' bat up his ass till it popped outta the top of his skull, but that's jus' me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts