Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my wife to work I had an incident. I was trying to change lanes on a bridge. There was a two+ car space in front of a suburban but I couldnt quite get to it because of the car in front of me. I signaled and rolled down my window and made pleading gestures but the suburban speed up enough to take away any chance of me getting in front of him. I called him an A**hole(mistake) and slowed down to change into the lane behind him. While making the lane change the truck slammed(not just slowed down but locked up) his brakes. I never had a chance. I bumped into him putting a nice dent in my header panel(right beside the two old ones :roll: ) His bumper had some paint but no damage. We exchanged words but not insurance info and he left....good thing Fortybelow pulled that header panel for me last month-and good thing I havent installed it yet. Even the Supra badge survived (lucky because it is one of the rare-SUPRA- badges not the Celica-supra one).
Anyway thats my adventure and who knows I might have even learnt my lesson :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yea, don't mess with big vans, trucks, or SUVs when in the Supra. Some of them are big enough to drive over you! I find myself having to be much more defensive in the mk2, then when I am driving my full-size beater van.

·
Registered
430 Posts
that sucks man I had inconsiderate drivers, especially ones in big SUV's. especially since they feel they own the road. one forced me into the emergency lane one day trying to change lanes into me. totally didn't see me. so I used the opportunity to just floor it in the emergency lane and get in front of him and then got away from him real fast.

BASTARDS!!!!!

dohc82 said:
While driving my wife to work I had an incident. I was trying to change lanes on a bridge. There was a two+ car space in front of a suburban but I couldnt quite get to it because of the car in front of me. I signaled and rolled down my window and made pleading gestures but the suburban speed up enough to take away any chance of me getting in front of him. I called him an A**hole(mistake) and slowed down to change into the lane behind him. While making the lane change the truck slammed(not just slowed down but locked up) his brakes. I never had a chance. I bumped into him putting a nice dent in my header panel(right beside the two old ones :roll: ) His bumper had some paint but no damage. We exchanged words but not insurance info and he left....good thing Fortybelow pulled that header panel for me last month-and good thing I havent installed it yet. Even the Supra badge survived (lucky because it is one of the rare-SUPRA- badges not the Celica-supra one).
Anyway thats my adventure and who knows I might have even learnt my lesson :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I didnt learn my lesson because I went to pick up a friend and went through a speed trap 17kmh over. That equals 110.00CAN and 3 more points. I only have one point left :shock: What a bad day :x
The really stupid thing is that I forgot to hook up the detector :oops:
Im gonna go crawl into a hole.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep Calgary Cops are the worst...tin badge dictator\assholes in womens underwear. I asked about a warning for so low over he said forget it. I was part of a group of family cars and light trucks so guess who he aimed at.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
dohc82 - Welcome to my every day life of driving :x

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
OMG, if that have been me I'd have freaked out! I'm the one to make big huge scenes, I'd kick a damn dent in his bumper just to be happy :twisted:

yeah I got pulled over for doing 5mph over the limit a few weeks back, hah, just a warning though, which was good 50 in a 45, sheesh

that really sucks dohc :x

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I asked someone what would have happened if we got caught doing 220kph in Ontario last weekend....something about taking my out-of-country license, my out-of-country car, and my out-of-country ass to jail! Thankfully they were too busy fending off the looters during the power outage.

17 kph over? Only way I can see that is if you were in a residential area with kids and such.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Talkin about a ticket that sucks, i have the maximum allowable points but only like 2 were in my supra and its almost all like freak things that caused my tickets except my rolling stop and speeding 80 in a 65 in my supra but the other ones are crazy

i had to some emergency lane driving the otherday, i was driving 70 in the slow lane cuz there was hardly anyone on the road and my exit was coming up, all of a sudden this big ol' suburban... cut over three lanes and almost took off my front bumper...i just downshifted and passed in the emergency lane to avoid being hit...lol...

sorry about your luck dohc, i've been there....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
82Spearco said:
17 kph over? Only way I can see that is if you were in a residential area with kids and such.
Nope 4 lane secondary surface road with a median between north and south lanes. Just time to fill the quota. They like the spot because the speed limit is 60kmh but changes about 2 blocks before the trap and the speed changes while going down hill so its good fishin for the dorks in blue.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ooooh, I'm afraid to get started....but I'll share my most recent misadventure with the waste of tax money we call law enforcement. On my way to work a couple weeks ago, I'm the only one on a 2 lane 50mph stretch when a cycle cop parked standing next to his bike walks out into my lane and motions to pull over. Tries to tell me I was doing 61 when I was doing more like 45, but out of the kindness of his heart he's gonna let me go on that one. As he's standing there looking my car over, says he will however write me a ticket for tinted windows and no front license plate. As he's writing that he notices my A/F gauge...stops writing and asks "I see you got a gauge of some sort; why don't you pop the hood so we can see what illegal stuff you got under there?" The car is primarily stock since I pulled the MAF out for daily driving, and I swear I could feel his frustration at not finding some kind of loot-bin-o-ricer-parts.

It absolutely boggles my mind to experience this kind of ridiculous harassment when on so many occasions I've been in the presence of a police car and watch truely reckless and dangerous things happen with no action from the "law enforcement". I should count my lucky stars to be so blessed with the chance to live in wonderous San Diego where clearly there's no legitimate law breaking activities occuring that might require the attention of an officer of the peace.

A few months ago $1500 worth of stereo was stolen from my car along with my checkbook. A report was filed, though they wouldn't bother to send an actual officer to look at my vehicle. A week later I receive a call from a suspicious owner of a place called "Money Tree" who wanted to verify this check before he cashed it. I told him my story, and he offered to stall her until the police arrived.....which they never did. Later, she hits him up again with ANOTHER of my checks, and after several aggrivating calls to the police, they show and nab her. Kicker to this story is, they're doing NOT A DAMN THING about it! I mean, what better lead could you get on a major theft than being handed a person trying to cash my stolen checks! AUGH!

....ok, you may return to your regularly scheduled programming now.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A few years ago I had a co-worker peel-out gravel on my hood :mad: , cause It was a japanese car and it was very clean, also cause he had a higer position and I had the nicer car then him.
Anyways he pushed me, I pushed back! I got fired, :fist: So I went back and Karate kicked him on the ribs, :twak: before I left.
I wanted to do to his mustang-lx what he did to my Supra! he did not bring it that day. for days I walked to see I he had brought it but never did.Lucky F.....

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
sorry about the crappy day dohc... shit happens, but remember, most drivers ed places offer a demerit reduction course... take it!

17kph over is fair game here in edmonton too... funniest thing is i usually do like 40 over on the way south to visit calgary, and (knock on wood) havent been caught.

now that ive jinxed myself, im gonna go drive home slowly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts