Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you didnt know, i work at a used car lot sales and service. I was driving a 2001 Red Mustang V6 from the detail shop when i pulled up behind a mk2. I could see that this guy was looking in his rear view mirror checkin out this piece of crap i was driving. I always told my brother who owns a mk2 that his car is slow and what not but anyways, we both made a left turn and exited onto the highway. As i was pulling up behind it and getting ready to try and dust it from the outside. it does just that to me. I was like, damn, these mustangs are pieces of shit!! we both hit 110mph. I was surprised that mk2s can pull this good at the higher RPMs. Anyways, i started feeling a little skidding coming from the back so i slowed down because i didnt want to die , swollowed my pride and admitted defeat. Just more respect for the mk2 supra.

The only disgusting thing that came from this supra was that when it dowshifted to get in front of me, this nasty smoke just spilled from the exhaust, looked like it was diesel powered. HAHA :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
ohh was that you :pat: next time I'll ease up on the gas to make it seem like your catching up :wink: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
thats a smoke screen to confuse the competitors it gives us 5 hp....lol zank don't slow up, put that stupid ford to shame....lol

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
wait, looking at where he lives he is too far to be the Red Mustang I killed
and the one I killed had Mustang GT imprinted on the rear bumper :confused: ohh well I still killed a Mustang :fart:

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
You shouldn't have been able to see his rear bumper!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
awesome for the mk2, now when i pull up to them cheap shit mustangs i will smoke em even worse with my new 6m-ge, you best have damn respect for our rides,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, it laid a smoke bomb on me and outed like ninja, just like the olden day. Yeah, this one was a V6 mustang, if it was a new GT, the mk2 wouldnt have stood a chance, notice, how i said, NEW GT.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well saying that i spent 1500 for my car, plus close to 2500 buying the 6mge and all the other stuff, and the mech labor for putting it in and stuff, well thats about 4000 plus lets say 1200 for repairs since i had the car for 3 years now, thats 5200 compared to a new gt which is like let say 25 grand, that leaves me with 19800 dollars to spend on my supra to make it way better than a new gt, lets say a turbo kit which is 4000+ 2000 for forged internals and gaskets and all the stuff u need for the turbo upgrade to work great, thats stills leaves me with 13800 and know i have a car with close to lets say 230rwhp, on a 3000lb car, and still 13800 to spend on it for more performance lets say 1700 hundred for the suspension and the bbkit, lets say another 2000 for bad ass wheels,and 600 for nice ass tires, thats still leaves me with 9500, and it can go on with a bigger trubo, and then cheaps ass mustang gt will be nothing, and you still have money to spend, and then laugh at the fool that bought a new mustang gt which your 20 year old car can smoke him with no problem :evil:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
shhhhhh...keep it on the downlow we dont want him to know that..lol... :wink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn, someone is a little mad?? calm down man, its just a car, if you really wanted to go fast you would settle for the R1. :lol:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
4SFED said:
You shouldn't have been able to see his rear bumper!
He was sitting at the red light when I drove up next to him :wink: thats when I saw the "Rustang GT" on his rear bumper :p

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
i was curious bout that 8)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
r1 = teh suck... lol

gsx1000r or a busa or a zx12r :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
actually if i really wanted to go fast i would settle for a black bird, 3.5mach oh yeah, or a mig25, but since were talking about cars i would still settle for my mkII with the mentioned upgrades instead of a lousy rustang gt

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
r1 = teh suck... lol

gsx1000r or a busa or a zx12r
Im not even going to compare the R1 to the GSX 1000R because i dont think the GSX brings the challenge. The Hayabusa however is displaced at 1.3 litres producing 160 BHP @ 10000RPM and 14.5kgm @ 7000RPM and tips the scales at 217 kg. While the R1 1litre produces 150BHP at the same RPM and 11kgm @ 8500 weighs in at a mere 173kg. The Kawasaki, however, is just ridicolous with as much HP as it does have which is a 1.2litre producing 178BHP @ 10500RPM and 13.9kgm @ 7500 and weighs 210kg. i dont know, does the R1 really suck that bad??

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lol, well, the R1 i rode, was the suck.
uncomfortable, harsh, annoying...probably not in the conventional sense, but it was very razor edged, very much like the R6 i rode a couple times.
you ride hard, but have slightly less skill than hayden, and it either threatens to throw you, or it shakes its head and tries to dump.
meh, not my idea of fun, but yes, i agree, a hell of a fast bike.

riding a hayabusa about a week later was like night and day, very composed, but still blindingly fast, able to pull the front wheel up in pretty much any gear until 4th or 5th, and best of all, it was the first bike i was able to get comfy on since i sold my zx6r.
very different class of bike, but definitely more my style.... maybe im getting old ;)

the zx12... hmm, i dont know, ive always liked team green, and i only got a short (2 hours) ride on it, but i think when i start looking at a new bike after xmas, im going to be looking pretty hard at the zx12r.
either that or maybe another 600...

and in retrospect, in case you think im just another bench racer... not to brag, but ive put in well over 4000 laps on tracks, riding like a mad mofo all the way :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Better dig deep in your pockets for that Kawasaki!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts