Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any clean rust-free examples, both sides? Trying to restore this thing. Thankfully rockers themselves were spotless, but covers were rough. An extra white clip or two would be an added bonus.

I know, I know, like most things I'm looking for, I realize they're hard to find...

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
That is probably the harder one to find clean.
Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone got any clean rust-free examples, both sides? Trying to restore this thing. Thankfully rockers themselves were spotless, but covers were rough. An extra white clip or two would be an added bonus.

I know, I know, like most things I'm looking for, I realize they're hard to find...
I'll let you know this week end when I start tearing mine down cant remember how they look right now. You mean the trim panels in front f the door? Or what I call the sill plates that go over the top of the rockers and are covered when the door is closed?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm looking at the long black trim pieces at the bottom of the door, from flare to flare.

As another option, if anyone has some scrap ones that are mostly trash, I'd love a piece of one to measure and price out having new metal pieces produced.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Believe it or not they are there and from the top they look good haven't gotten that low yet but will let you know when I do get them off.

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
The ones Toyota used on 88-91 Cressidas are stamped stainless steel and don't rust. They are pretty easy to adapt. Requires loping off the front end and drilling 2 new holes, and filling the old ones. The first hole is in the right spot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pulled mine off today and they are what I used to call 50/50 look really good at 50 feet and 50 mph.
DSC_0949.jpg
DSC_0952.jpg
That's pretty much the worst of it, just the ends, I guess like every other one out there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is opposite ends of both sides unless you mean the other ends of those or the back side. But that is the worst of them. you can also left click on the image and then use your computers zoom to get a closer look. But here is the opposite ends.
DSC_0951.jpg
DSC_0950.jpg

In the middle they are nice and I kind of cleaned the 10 years of mold off to see if they would clean up at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rocker panel molding

Do you still need? I have one NOS and I may have another nice used one. LMK , AC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts