Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I knoe there has been posts on this already that tell us if the rota p-45r 17x9 12mm offset fit on a p-type with spacers, but I yet to see any pictures or anybody with this set up. I work for a place called Wheeldude.com and we are one of the main rota distributors so i get a set of wheels for free. I see alot of people running the rota rb's and personally i think there ugly. I just want to make sure before i get these they will 100% fit if i can get info on tire size front and rear spacer info would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time guys

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
The p45rs should actually fit pretty darn good without spacers. I have had a few discussions with people about them and all came out good. I just went a different route cause I couldnt drop the coin.

·
Registered
861 Posts
once I get the rubber installed, I'll post pics
I took 17X9 front 17x9.5 rear. now spacer wise since I have coil-overs front and rear I went with a 5mm front and 7mm rear. Front spacer was necessary I had bout 1 mm clearance with the 17x9. For the rear, its just so it looks better, closer to the fender.
I can say, just having put them on for fit that they look badass!!!

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Nick, looking forward to seeing pics of you car with the wheels on.
Your 1mm measurement was almost what I got here and posted in this chart.

What size tyres are you going with? If you go 225/45-17, 235/40-17 or 245/40-17 on the front you may not need the spacer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
OOOOOOhhhhhh snap... I've been looking at using these rims now for a year. Yes.. Pics please!! I tried photoshopping them in but nothing beats the real thing.

Oh, and Wheel408.. If you want to get rid of those rims for some extra coin in your pocket, send me an IM. Or if you're in a position to get another pair for cheap. (Plain Gold if available).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
once I get the rubber installed, I'll post pics
I took 17X9 front 17x9.5 rear. now spacer wise since I have coil-overs front and rear I went with a 5mm front and 7mm rear. Front spacer was necessary I had bout 1 mm clearance with the 17x9. For the rear, its just so it looks better, closer to the fender.
I can say, just having put them on for fit that they look badass!!!

hey mrtech what you plans for tires size?

·
Registered
464 Posts
them rims are awesome when i get the money thats what im getting!!! so if i go 17x9.5 in the rear and 17x8 in front with 225 or 235 40's would i need spacers

·
Registered
861 Posts
rubber wise this is what i'm shopping for:
front: 235-40 R17
rear: 255-40 R17
will be yokohamas but debating between S-drive or ES100 and just maybe Neova.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OOOOOOhhhhhh snap... I've been looking at using these rims now for a year. Yes.. Pics please!! I tried photoshopping them in but nothing beats the real thing.

Oh, and Wheel408.. If you want to get rid of those rims for some extra coin in your pocket, send me an IM. Or if you're in a position to get another pair for cheap. (Plain Gold if available).
the p45's only come in like 4 colors i dont think any 4x114 come in a gold im going to go with the full royal sports bronze i jus put the order in for my free set(be jealous lol) now to go shopping for my tires

·
Registered
812 Posts
you dont think the 255 in the rear is going to rub ?
with a 12mm offset, and 255, he will be just fine.

I'm running 17x9.5 0 offset with 27540/17 and it only rub on hard lunch or if I hit a huge bump at high speed.

Nic, go with the S-drive, they aren't making es100 anymore.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Bruno, yes I know for the ES100 but they still have some stocks left, chances are you can still find them. My choice will depend on what the final price is versus quality.

Wheel408, nice we both will have same color wheels.

·
Registered
861 Posts
wont have any rubber on for another month at the least so I`ll just post what I got.

fronts with 5mm spacer:

wheel is slightly turner on the last one.

rear with 7mm spacer:

and what my disaster looks like:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
can i make a suggestion? jack up the front wheel to tuck it, then take another pic for us :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is so clean i can wait to put them on. so did you finalize what rubber your going to go with ?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts