Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
idle rpms pulse from 650-750... there is hardly any go between 2k and 3k rpms... but if i jump on the gas, it picks up no problem... what should i look at...?

sorry if this is in the wrong place, but i'm new... :oops:

TIA for any help...

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
I think it's jealous of the IS300 :lol:

Have you received any codes ? Blinking check engine lights ? I kinda recall symptom of engine hunting for rpm possibly related to O2 sensor trying to adapt, improperly. Maybe O2 sensor bad ? Also check ISC valve, any air leaks in the intake systems from air filter to throttle body.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don L. said:
I think it's jealous of the IS300 :lol:
Why would it be? It's a familial relationship! :lol:

Have you received any codes ? Blinking check engine lights ?
I don't have anything to check the error codes with... no CEL problems... :oops:

any air leaks in the intake systems from air filter to throttle body.
You think this could be caused by a crack in one of the intake couplers? I just replaced a bunch of the intake hoses and cleaned out the throttle body, but it hasn't helped yet...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It could very well be a vaccuum leak. I would recheck everything you repaced, and everything that surrounds it, as you may have bumped something while working and cracked it. Lets face it, hoses and whatnot tend to get brittle after 15 or 20 years.. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason i brought up the cracked intake coupler is because one of them cracked :oops: when I had the head gaskets changed...can't find a replacement one yet so I taped it up for now :oops: I'm so ashamed...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Tell ya what... I have a perfect upper intake pipe on my car that I will trade you when I do my turbo in a couple of weeks...

I give youthe pipe, and you give me the IS300 minus the payment book? Sound fair? :lol:

Seriously, depending on how bad it was cracked, taping it may or may not have worked. I would consider either trying to find a replacement or gettin an Intake pipe from someone like Rabidchimp or making your own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm workin' on it! :D trying to get everything back to good working condition...

by the way, "payment book?" are you assuming it's financed? :lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Heh... was just trying to cover my bases is all :) I'll still do the trade if ya like... hell, I'll even drive the parts to you right now :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very likely its the intake - when I modded mine I had a small leak at first and it caused the exact same problem you are describing. Im sure you checked this, but also make sure your timing is correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts