Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know y my rpms would be off? i idle at like 1500 when i know its like 850 area and when im driving and i know for a fact im not shifting at 8 grand! :p anyone have this problem before? and if so, what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Do you have a stock gauge cluster in your car? Or is it possible it has been switched by a previous owner, or you? How long has the problem been going on, always, intermittent, etc? Digi dash or analog? We need more information from you to properly answer your question.
Does it show your redline at 6500 rpm, or lower, 6k? If so, it may be a celica cluster, and your reading will be off by a factor of (3/2) 1.5. Which would explain your problem...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um i just got the car like 2 weeks ago and the previous owner didnt say anything about parts being switched out... the problem has been from right when i got the car... its constantly off... analog dash... and ya i think it does start redline at 6k ... i know its different then my old supra. like at 5 1/2 its orange. enough info for some help or advice?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes. You have a celica analog cluster in your car. If you want it to read correct, I would recommend putting up a wtb for a supra cluster. Or, you can just look in the for sale section for someone parting out a car.
Either way, the problem is it's not the stock cluster, so it's going to read off until replaced.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have an extra cluster. Odo reads around 200k though :(

Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
He told you exactly what was wrong with your car based on very little info, nail on the head.

Want to fix your tacho issues? Swap that cluster. Just that, nothing more, no question.

--billyM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts