Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

RRFPR or straight rate?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CRF_Rider 
#1 ·
While doing this conversion I have run into some people that use a rising rate fule pressure regulator and some that use a simple ajdustable fpr (no port for intake manifold pressure line). The non-rising rate fpr's are cheaper. Will they work ok for 8-10 psi of boost on my 5m?

Also, I have not seen exactly how they hook up to the fuel rail. Is the regulator on the fuel rail removed or do you just run a line from the aftermarket fpr to the fuel rail regulator?

Thanx
Mark

#2 ·
Assuming you mean adding a turbo to an existing 5m as opposed to 7mgte, you'll need a rising rate regulator. Because the ECU knows nothing of boost, the rising rate regulator compensates for the additional air volume under boost by increasing the return line fuel pressure forcing more fuel through the injectors at a given pulse width. If you use a simple adjustable regulator to increase pressure, you are adding more fuel regardless of boost, thus it would be too rich under 95% of driving conditions.

Phil D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.