Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a company that makes these for our cars? I know that there are several companies making them for several other cars. Would be nice to have a better seal and the retorquing ability.

Anyways,

Mitch :roll:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
They do make them for your cars...i actually had one on an old motor of mine, but they do not make a better seal than RTV, and they are not that great at retoqueability....expecially if you tighten it too tight the first time....I suggest the black RTV for best results when sealing your oil pan.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Early 5M used a cork gasket from the factory. Later ones use FIPG (gasket in a tube) instead. You should use what the car came with.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Actually, if it came with cork, I would recommend to change it to the FIPG. I used a cork on my 82 and it leaked right away. Switched to FIPG and no more leaky leaky.

Christian

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Me too, on my old 83 I put in a cork gasket and it leaked after like 2K miles, I then replaced it with the FIPG, and It hasnt leaked yet :wink:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Slicone gasket material is the best thing they've invented for modern engines. I love the stuff and use it in place of most all gaskets if I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts