Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 supra p-type
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These rubber pieces were in a box returned to me from my painter, the long one looks just like the piece that goes on the engine compartment below the wipers but I already have that one in place, no clue about the shorter wider piece, any help would be appreciated!
Tire Automotive tire Tread Road surface Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The narrow one is mounted to the underside of the hood in front of the hood insulator.

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive lighting

The wider one is the one that fits in front of the cowl as you indicate.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

What piece have you already mounted here?

Dale

Reactions: trofimovich and AJ

·
Registered
1985 supra p-type
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your last photo by the cowl I already have in, I see now where the long one goes in front of the hood insulator, thanks! The other piece is shorter and wider, only about 2 1/2 feet long

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Interesting!

I've crawled all under my 83 and 84 and can't find a 2 1/2' long piece like that. I looked under the front to see if it was there to seal air flow from the under tray, but I don't see one there. There's nothing like that between the bumper and the front radiator mount. I don't see anything under the rear of the car either.

At first I thought it must be the cowl piece cut short, but each end has those double push pins for attachments so it looks intact.

I'm at a loss.

I would love to know what it's for.

·
Registered
1985 supra p-type
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the effort! Sometime I think that the paint shop threw in a piece from another car,lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts