Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very rarely do this. The engines at +200k miles right now, The last time I did this was at about 150k. This will probably be the last time I try it for a very very long time because of what almost happened tonight.

At 1:40am on the way home from my girlfriends house, I decided to see If I could put the speedo to its full use. With no cars in sight ahead or behind.... I downshift to 4th and hit redline, shift to 5th then accelerate steadily to 130. And I maintain my speed for about 2 miles. I didnt know it at the time, but maxed out, I flew by a XXXXXXXXXXX county sheriff who just happend to be entering the freeway at a crawl! I guess he was taking a shortcut to the next street or something. There were no other cars on the freeway whatsoever and when I glanced in my rear view mirror, in the distance I saw another car accelerating pretty rapidly. Those headlights looked familiar, and since there were no other cars on the freeway at the time I figured It was a CHP speed trap and I say to myself "Aww shite Im busted!

Im rapidly coming up to an exit... So I quickly lay off the accelerator, downshift and get off at the ramp. As I exit the freeway the signal light is red!!! But luckily there was a seperate lane to turn right that I didnt have to stop at. So I quickly change my mind and take that route (Mind you Im obeying the 50mph speed limit now) to the next street where I turn left. As Im turning I see the car exit the freeway full speed in my direction. I make the left turn and figured I lost him. But as I took sigh of relief I see a car fly around the corner where I had just turned, He comes up to my rear bumper siren and lights a blaring. So Im shitting bricks by now. I calmly signal to make another left at a red traffic light and pull into the turning lane. He turns off his flashers, and pulls to a stop behind me....then slowly creeps around me to my right and shines his big spotlight right in my face for what seemed like an eternity. Im calmly taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper Big Gulp, and look in right in his direction like as if im wondering whats going on. Then he turns off his light and asks me to roll down my window. He yells "Did any cars pass you at a high rate of speed?" I say...."Yeah...The asshole almost hit me, He went thataway" Then he asks..."What kind of car was it?" I reply "It looked like a nissan 240sx". So I get a big Thanks and he takes off like a bat out of hell through the red light. Pheww!!! :shock: OMG... HE FELL FOR IT!! Im off the hook!!

OMG Im so lucky, I probably would'nt have a licence or car right now if I would've been caught. I SWEAR TO GOD IM NEVER EVER DOING THAT EVER AGAIN!!!! No no no...Never! I guess I passed him so fast on the freeway that he couldnt see clearly what kind of car it was. And he probably looked at my car and figured that It couldnt go that fast. :p Go figure!

200,464 on the motor and she can still hit 130 mph with no problem.
Gets great mileage, passes smog with no problem, the valvetrain can use a little refresh thought. I guess all years of rigorous maintainance have paid off.

Toyota....I love what you do for me! :D

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
You'd better hope theres nothing on video and hes not at home right now analyzing it front to back... :D But it was a nice story.. :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Excellent story..I Laughed :lol: I cried :cry: ... the feel good story of the year :D

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
bad bad bad... lol

well, im glad that no one was hurt, and nothing got damaged, and that you still have a license.

·
Registered
118 Posts
good save good save lol yeah allso if i think im gonna be chased by a copp i will usually turn off/on my fogs take off my hat try and somewhat change the aperance of my car if its at night anyways.\

allso cops are trained to go right when following a perp as most pple usually do this instead of going across trafffic and what nott :D

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Holy crap....Frank!!!

Damn man, my palms were sweating while I was reading that. It's just insane - did you actually sleep that night?

It would have taken me hours to calm down after such a close call. Glad you didn't get busted...hahahaha. Are you going to tell the girlfriend, or have you already?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hahaha ROFLMAO! 240sx hahah I don't think I would've pulled that off. Man even though I haven't done anything wrong I still get nervous when I see a cop. Good save man. I'll have to remember that next time. "yea that a-hole almost hit me..." Muhahahah Classic man, classic.

Another thing that might be "good" to do when being chased is to turn off your lights.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
when being chased? A good thing to do is not be chased! Easier said then done though, I think pretty much everyone has been in a similar situation. You see the lights way back behind you, do you turn off and play dumb or pull over like a good citizen? Great story though, hopefully it won't spread too far. Seriously, people reading this, don't link this thread to other forums. I've seen so many cases where some crazy story gets spread around a few forums, then before you know it every car club in NA has been linked to the original and eventually the thread gets to the wrong person.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thing about this is I was never really being chased. I exited the freeway at normal speed, and obeyed the speed limit from there on. The sherrif never actually turned his lights on untill he had caught up with me. And by that time I wasn't doing a damn thing wrong. He was kinda far behind and it took him a while to catch up. I never in my life would run from an officer of the law, I just took an opportunity to get off of the freeway just in case It was a cop that I saw behind me.

SupraRacer007. I didnt get to sleep untill about 5am! Yah...I guess I was still a little on edge. Thank god, Im very lucky.

Never again.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
lol i've done several 130mph+ sprees in my supras but never got caught. But wanna know something funny, a friend of mine was driving a friend of his tricked out mustang with 400+hp and decided to go on the interstate at high speeds, well an ohio state highway patrol clocked him at 127mph, but what was funny is he said that the cop didn't pull after him until he got off of the freeway. He's currently finding a lawyer so that he can avoid if at all possible losing his license.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:lol: a 240sx LOL... Dam this is probably the funniest story Iv read in a while

Yo Frank what part of Cali did you do this run in?

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
LOL. But this thread might best be deleted so as to avoid a hassle for you in the future....

·
Registered
174 Posts
no shit, I'd delete this thread soon.

friggin close. deffinately glad you got off.
and im also glad you shared your story!

I've only done one 201km/ph (Canadian #'s) run by my buddies monte carlo. it scared the shit out of me. I got an engine light code and backed off.
BUT! GOOD NEWS! when I passed him he was doing 90-100km/ph and had no idea who the hell it was, untill of course he finnally caught up... he told me my car looked even cooler going fast.
so at the speed that cruiser was going, he could never tell. you could have probably said, "school bus" and he would have believed you.

but hey, everyone needs to go fast at least once in their car.

edit: oh yeah... neer 400k kms on the friggin thing!
edit again: AND I GET TO DRIVE IT TOMORROW FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 MONTHS!
edit again, after the last time: but I wont be doing 201km/ph, :lol:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's pretty damn cool. :D

I had the same dream as you last night. ;) :D

*hint, hint* edit your post

·
Registered
170 Posts
trdmkii said:
lol i've done several 130mph+ sprees in my supras but never got caught. But wanna know something funny, a friend of mine was driving a friend of his tricked out mustang with 400+hp and decided to go on the interstate at high speeds, well an ohio state highway patrol clocked him at 127mph, but what was funny is he said that the cop didn't pull after him until he got off of the freeway. He's currently finding a lawyer so that he can avoid if at all possible losing his license.
Ohio State Troopers scare the everloving shit out of me, much more so than NJ State Troopers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i wonder if i can push my supra to 130mph? :shock: nah better wait until it runs :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
hehehe this kinda reminds me of a lil story of mine.. picture this..

im with my fiancee (x now) in a small town. black ZX2 Sport stopped at a red light. and what pulls up beside me a 90ish eclipse turbo.. now this is before im thinking of a turbo at all.. he's letting the blow off valve chiitter a lil bit.. light hits green. by this time im wound to 5k drop and smoking tires. he pulls away. buy the time i hit 3rd im passing him.. now im in the left lane with fog lamps on. i see from the side of me on a side street an unmarked town cop.. i lay softly on the e-brake.. and obvioulsy he didnt have radar on just saw me haulin ass! i can tell the eclipse had slowed down known he was beet and BAD! he passes me i kill the fog lights. and the cop passes me about 1mile up the road the eclipse gets pulled over. and i couldnt help myself.. i just had to do a drive by him... we both laughed as we head home.. and thanking god it wasnt us.. :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Ahhh memories.... And yeah, that story is my fav :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts