Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car seems to be running really rich, if i rev it up past 3500 rpm it will let two explosions out the exhaust, but never reving up, it also seems to have a lack of power and i think it is due to this, its always bogging out, ne ideas? TPS? AFM? ECU? something stuck on? please help

·
Registered
102 Posts
Definitely check the AFM. Also, temp. sensor and cold start injector could cause this problem. Or like 50 other things. I had a similar problem fixed by fixing a leaky intake pipe, but my car still runs a bit rich (lotso power now tho)

·
Registered
109 Posts
i know this sounds a little stupid and im not trying to be a smart ass about it but did you mess with the plug wires any if so you may have crossed a couple of wires
dont mean to sound any way bad it could just be a possibility

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there was a electrical melt down on the wiring harness with the air flow meter when i bought it, i replaced most of it, it runs alot better but it still runs a bit rich, it has over 300 thousand k's on the engine so im thinking it's a sensor

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not too muich of an outmechanic yet im only 16, ive seen and done everything there is to do to this car it seems like besides adjust the timing, the timing belt is perfectly on time, but i do not know how to change time on a distributer, do u need a timing light for this or can u just listen to the way the engine runs, ne ways can anybody give me a brief lesson on how to adjust the timing on this car?

·
Registered
794 Posts
The distributor is held in by one 12mm bolt. You should use a timming light to get it set correctly. Loosen that bolt and you will be able to move the distributor. If you want to move it a little wihtout a lite, mark where the washer sits before you move it so you can put it back.

Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts