Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey any advice on my 85 supra hard to start so i'm guessing the CSI but after it starts before it gets warm it doesn't have much power i can hardly pull up my drive way. but after it gets good and warm it runs fine i can take off from a dead stop in 2nd gear.. any help would be great.:32:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
hey any advice on my 85 supra hard to start so i'm guessing the CSI but after it starts before it gets warm it doesn't have much power i can hardly pull up my drive way. but after it gets good and warm it runs fine i can take off from a dead stop in 2nd gear.. any help would be great.:32:
People throw around CSI way too much. CSI is used for a second only. Running like shit for 10 minutes doesn't = CSI.

Thought we established this????

With the issues that you are having no one will be able to give a for sure answer. You have quite a few things to look at already. Work your way down the list.

Creating multiple threads is just going to piss people off. Plenty of info on the site. Use search button.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya'll will have to forgive me this is my frist tuner car all my other vehicles have been dodge and chevy trucks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The EFI system is pretty reliable. Timing is vital. I would start there. Make sure your mechanical timing is dead on, then hit it with a timing light. Ignition timing is at 10 degrees stock.

Does the car idle nice and smooth once its warmed up or a bit choppy??

Intake leaks are common. They cause all sorts of issues.

Once you get your timing squared away, and your sure that the intake is completely sealed then start on other items.

Lack of power = Timing generally.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey man i think we hit the nail on the head the intake cam was one tooth off. i just finished adjusting it and just reving the engine it rev's quicker. going for a test run now. i'll let you know if thats it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG this thing pull like an elephant on steroids. thanks for the advice man i don't know why i didn't think to look at that before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts