Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was cleaning up a bit of rust on the supra door jam and i noticed that in the bottom corner the rust has good through ( a small hole ) .. do i have to weld in a new door jam or is there some way i can do this with fiberglass?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Where is the rust? Is it on the lower front corner or lower rear corner of the jam? The front corner, I feel, has some affect as a structural area. My rusty Celica has heavy duty rust in the lower front corner of the passenger door jam and the body makes lots of creakings and pops from that area.

Repair it now while it's small. More than likely the rust is even worse in the area where you can't see it, on the backside of the metal. Your best bet would be to cut a small hole, or drill, the rusty hole to a larger diameter. Treat the metal on the underside with POR15 to stop the rust and fill the with fiberglass sheet or chop.

Just a drop in the bucket.
Scott

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is the the rear corner, where can i get this por15 and dows it actually stop rusting on the backside of metal?
thx for the help

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
does POR really work???

ive seen the infomercials and all that, but no one i know (in person) has ever used it.

id be willing to buy some, even at the inflated local price if i had good faith that it would work :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, half my car is covered in it, only one coat at the moment. Its been like that for about 3 months now with the one coat and the only rust spots I have are a tiny bit of surface rust where I rubbed it back too far.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
hmmm, thanks, i guess im gonna get some :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
POR15.......www.por15.com

Buy the sample pack, it's only $15 and contains more than you'll need. It will not protect the backside of the metal unless you also apply it to the back. It doesn't seep thru the metal to the backside.

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
Scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
por 15

por15 is the best i have used it in my 84 resto job after i weld in the patch i por15 the front and back of the patch just dont get it on your hands it a pain to get off takes a week or so and if you just have surface rust grind it and por it and your set i can e-mail pics of some of the work i have done with por15 my friend has a 1974 bmw 2002 and has used it on the car to stop the rust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts