Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know what the previous owner did to my 84 p-type, but it's rusty... EVERYWHERE. today i started taking apart the dash (soon to be for sale) and all the metal peices that contort to hold it in place are rusty. the metal in the seats was rusty, the only thing not rusty is the engine - and it's seized!

in any case, i'm just wondering if those metal-holding pieces will rust all on their own, or did they need copious amounts of moisture to do it? This car was sitting for over a year, with various holes in it, so i'm pretty sure i iknow the answer.

basically i'm posting this so you can all feel better about your rusty supra's :wink: :D :D :shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Most all the metal braces behind the dash and the seat frames are bare steel, so they will rust very easily. Usually its just surface rust which doesn't effect them strength wise.

·
Registered
174 Posts
wholy crap! something on mine that didn't rust! absolutely amazing! I thought I had baught the rustyest supra around.

just a question though... has anyone found rust in the front clip? the metal behind the plastic between the metal and the grill on the top was rusted in two with about a foot and a half gone on either side. insane rust. needless to say theres a new one in there now.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
LOL I remember the first time I saw what was behind my dash. I was like Holy RUST batman :shocked!: .

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yea my heart was in my throat too. Maybe we should put something on the FAQ to warn new people so its not such a shock :)

-Wil

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hell, i should've taken pictures of the metal frame that holds the rear seat together. even after sanding it down for a good hour or so there's still rust on it.

MAJOR water leaks. the sunroof though, looks okay for some reason. go figure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Behind the rear tires and below the bumper is trashed on my supra, got a buddy of mine fixing it now though so it'll look fine after some work :)
Two big rust holes, kinda noisy in the car ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts