Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if the mar-hyde one step i belive it is called is any good at preventing rust it make's it into the black selant and i wanted to know if that would be a good choice for surface rust if i'm just gonna paint over it let me know about that and how it holds up or if i should stay far away from it thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
i used Metal Prep 79 and it worked great. 6 years and no rust yet. I used the one step last night actually, painting my buddy's trailer. We'll see how that turns out. I the one step then grinded, ,used more then grinded some more. Finally used it and sprayed over it.

Christian

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so por-15 is what i should go with and not the mar-hyde one step??? and also do i have to paint after i use por-15 cuase i'm not ready to paint i just wanna prevent more rust where it already is. alright thanks

Dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i don't have the time or money to paint but want to seal the rust how can i go about this which would be the best bet or what do i have to do to use the sealant and avoid painting cause i'm not ready to paint thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
123 Posts
POR15 doesn't *need* to be coated if exposed to sunlight. It doesn't do anything to the effectiveness of the product itself, rather it makes the gloss disappear and the finish just becomes matt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sure, you can paint more or the POR15 over it, just like normal paint. If its cured like that, it'll need a clean and to be keyed (rubbed back with fine paper) to give the next coats something to adhere to. POR15 is particularily fussy about this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.