I have habit of obsessing over a particular subject until I more or less become a subject matter expert. It usually stems from curiosity about how something works, or interacts with something else. This tends to drive me to learn as much as possible about how these things interact and work together to perform a function. I also have enough free time to make some helpful threads.
So I thought I would list all these threads in one "Thread Index" to make it easier for people who might be interested to find all the crap (facts, knowledge, info) that I've compiled over my endeavours.
This thread will NEVER have a completed or finished date, EVER. It will always be a work in progress as I find new shit to figure out how it works. So check and check back often.
Let the madness begin.
Tire Availability Chart
- An easy to interpret chart of availability of tire sizes for a given rim size.
Tires that fit the MKII Rims (stock) and Where to get them
Things to Consider when making a MilSpec Engine Harness
Building a MilSpec Engine Harness
Engine Building and Blueprinting
- An extremely
in depth walk through of figuring out all of the physics involved during the function of an internal combustion engine. (Displacement, CFM airflow, Turbo Selection, Compression Ratio, Pressures and Temps. Attained during combustion, Exhaust Selection and Tuning)..
Composite Fiber Selection & Molding
- A gathering of information on FiberGlass, Kevlar, Texalium, & Carbon Fiber, how their physical properties are rated, and where to find suppliers, and further info.
Aerodynamics Related to the MKII
- A look at the aerodynamics of a stock MKII, and what areas can be improved, and how to proceed.
Real World MKII Aerodynamics Testing
- A Group Buy of sorts I'm trying to get together so us racers can gather real world data on the MKII & what modifications provide a tangible (positive) result.
7M Fuel Rail Removal Walkthrough Video
- What it sounds like.
Replacing the VSV for Heat
- Replcaing the VSV on the Heater Core plumbing with a Push-Pull from a Cressida. NOT a repair, a "Race Car w/ Heat Mod"
Rebuilding the CT-26... Yourself
- Has some nice info on what "Trim" means
Turbo Rebuilders - GPop Shop
- Will balance the turbo you rebuild for $65 + S&H
Turbo Tech - by Garrett
(formerly Garrett Air Research, currently owned by Honeywell)
I have to hand it to these guys, a VERY VERY thorough and informative grouping of pages that begins at the new-to-turbo level and goes all the way up to sizing a turbo to match your application/engine, proper IC (Inter-Cooler) selection, proper air filter sizing and so on, the articles go from basic to extremely technical as you progress, VERY VERY informative.
Also a wonderful page on deciphering their (Garrett) Turbo Nomenclature
(Understanding what does GT2860RS mean exactly)
Everything You Ever Needed to Know about Engine Oil by AE Haas - Supramania
- How to choose the right oil for your needs. Covers refined & synthetic oils, their differences, and similarities, how to understand the rating system, etc. Technical but easy to understand. Got it from a thread George (RaptorRacing) started. Keep reading, and keep reading, there are about a dozen articles that will take you a few hours to read through, however by the end of it you will come out with a much better understanding of proper oil selection, and exactly WTF 10W-30 means, and the differences between Mineral and Synthetic oils and the benefits of Synthetics. VERY Informative, starts with the basics, and is very easy to understand, Only the last 2 or so articles get really technical, also has some GREAT information on oil comparison data. READ IT.
Mike CarFreek's 7MGTE COP (Coil On Plug) Setup
- Details what you need to get started in the right direction for configuring INDIVIDUAL
COP's, utilizing OEM Toyota Parts, in a Waste Spark configuration. Running 2+ years!! This is NOT the BS 3-coil IS300/2JZ Waste Spark wanna-be COP setup, real deal, but unfortunately not Sequential
Head Porting & Polishing (P&P) Basics
- This is a brief look at 5M, 7M, & 2JZ Head intake and exhaust flow rates. It discusses why the 7M doesn't flow as well as a stock 2JZ head, and how to fix that. Also covers some IMPORTANT basics about what to polish, what to port, and what not to mess with.
MAFT-PRO File Mirror by TurboNinjas.com
- A VERY complete mirror hosting pretty much all the files you would ever need for tuning the MAFT-PRO, including updates, how-to's, diagrams, and reference manuals/files etc. I used to use this about every other week, till I just copied it all to my laptop
DrivingFast.net - Driving Techniques and Car Control
- Read about the fundamentals of car control and various techniques. Notice I didn't say LEARN, you have to learn behind the wheel, here you can read about them, VERY informative, learn to become more steady and smooth behind the wheel. Stop being a limp noodle behind the wheel, make your car do what you want, and become faster and more fluid.
Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Aftermarket, Not-Internal to the Wheel system.
Adjustable Shocks & Struts for the MKII
Roll Cage Picture Thread
- Soon to be edited to list the current SCCA / SOLO Cage Specs, as well as other stuff.
Removable Sunroof Insert Roof Scoop
- I plan on re-doing this in Texalium, instead of the plywood and aluminum.
AdRavage.com - Craigslist Auto-Notification for Search
Encrypting Your Computer Files - BASIC
- An extremely detailed and thorough walk through of setting your computer up to have your most valuable files encrypted to a level that even the FBI/NSA/CIA cannot feasibly break.
Encrypting Your Computer Files - ADVANCED / ULTRA PARANOID
- This tutorial will walk you through the necessary steps for creating a HIDDEN encrypted volume where you can store your personal information, providing the ability hide your encrypted files in such a random way that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to tell they are there.
Spyware Removal & Repair
- An extremely detailed and EASY to FOLLOW WALK THROUGH on how to remove spyware/adware/repair computer issues. With MANY screen shots and pictures to help.
Free / Cheap Programs That You Didn't Know You Wish You Had
- A thorough but brief list of MANY programs that you probably didn't know you could live without. Firewall, AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, Downloading, Browsers, Audio/Multimedia etc etc.
My To Do List:
Edit the Damn CPS Rebuild Video
How to Make a Low Cost FFIM
How to Make a Low Cost Short Shifter
How to Install Coilovers and Shorten Strut Housing
How to Install Rear Adjustable Spring Perches
What Keeps a Drop of Water Stuck to the Side of a Can (of Beer)... (I'm completely serious) - other than just surface tension.
How to make composite/Texalium (over)fenders(flares)
How to make composite/Texalium Side Skirts & Undercarriage Plates
How to make composite/Texalium modified adjustable rear wing
How to install 3" electronic exhaust cutout & sidepipe