Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I was in the parking lot of Target in Lynnwood, when I saw a blue (aftermarket) '85 P-Type roll in! By the time I got my car going and found him in the middle of the crowded lot, he had gone in.

By the time I had written him a note about this forum (I gotta make cards!) he was coming back out. He said he just got his injectors done and the car running. He knows Shawn (Junkie) and his name is Chuck. He said he registered on cs.com years ago, and never logged in again, and wasn't even sure of his screen name, but maybe "chuck amuck?" Sure enough, I found him. I added him to the Washington Members List.

Then, when I'm driving home from Target, I see a black '85 P-Type cross my path northbound on Hwy-99 in Lynnwood. I only got a quick glimpse, but the paint looked pretty beat up.

The next day, at Albertsons on Hwy 99 & 196th in Lynnwood, I saw a beautiful black '85 Mk2 with rocker panels on the bottom. I waited for the guy to come out. super nice guy named John, who lives in Edmonds like me. Said he had owned a Mk2 years ago, and always regretted selling it. Looked and looked until he found this one. He didn't know about this forum, so I wrote it down and told him to join.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Chuck, is more like my little "younger" brother. That car, was my 1st MKII .... owned it 3 days. Known him since 1971/2, graduated with his older brother.

·
Founding Member
6,409 Posts
That's the difference between Washington and Texas. I've seen a total of three random mk2s THIS YEAR not counting the ones that I see on a regular basis, like the one that's sat on a used car lot along my way to work for more than two years with nobody interested in buying it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yea I've seen maybe 3 MK2's this entire year in Vancouver B.C.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Other then people I already know, I've seen 1 MK2 in Des Moines.. lol.

I wish I was in WA where there lots of MK2's and cool owners.

Tony

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I hardly see any at all, and in the last week I saw 2. 1 white 85 in Austin, and 1 Blue 83 here in San Antonio.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Curt, last week(Thursday?) I saw a very nice silver 85 in south-bound I-5 traffic in the Federal Way area bout 330 in the afternoon in my work vehicle. I think I kinda freaked him out, I was checking out his car-Had a 7MGTE sticker under letter A on back billboard sticker. Had a 2 gauge pillar pod-And a HUGE aftermarket tach-Had what looked like reverse enkeis, looked like 16s, Magnaflow Dual Tip, 3" exhaust. Washington Tags. Of course, I immediately called Shawn to see if he knew who this was.....No Go. Maybe someone else knows this car?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Mike, I saw that car a few years ago too going past Ft Lewis - I was in a MK II. At that time Shawn said it was one of the missing harnesses. I'll check my archives.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hold up a sign

I've been talking about making a printed card about cs.com to leave on parked MKII's I encounter. I also think about making a large-print sign to hold up out my window for those moving encounters like Mikey's!

·
POTATO
17,256 Posts
No one has ever thought about having cards made.

No one ever actually went through the trouble of designing one either.

LOL

http://www.zazzle.com/celicasupra_com_business_card-240818782018928573

btw I saw my first mk2 here, other than my own, while driving back from Toyota in my mom's Buick. Was an 85 dark blue, faded hood. I have not seen another mk2 in YEARS here and was quite excited.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My vision of my card

Yeah, yeah, I know Tanya. But I will make my own card, and as I am also an artist, it will be in the eye of me as the beholder.

The outline of the MkII will be much more detailed and from an angle not strict profile. The celicasupra.com address of this forum will be without scripting, but the word "S U P R A" will be prominent on my card in a replica of the decal on the back hatch of an "85/"86. My card will also have my screen name, and even my cell phone number.

·
POTATO
17,256 Posts
Thanks for your support Curt :rolleyes:

Good luck w/ your card I guess.

·
Registered
861 Posts
No one has ever thought about having cards made.

No one ever actually went through the trouble of designing one either.

You know, I was recently thinking of this same thing, but didn't think to look in the archives. Great job Tanya! Those are great! Simple, clean, and they look amazing. I'm going to get a set at payday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts