Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I thought I would give everyone a heads up on 2 new members here on the forums who direct messaged me for some parts I was looking for.
I posted a WTB thread about a 81 MK1 Engine Wiring Harness...
Both people told me to contact an email address which I did.

FYI:

-"mramosmottor" messaged me and told me to contact email address:[email protected]
The person at this email address spoke/communicated with broken English and was very pushy. We communicated via text briefly when this person pressured me into "registering" for a parts lookup program of some sort before he could ship or even get me info on the part I was after. This program was $49.95 or something funny.
Deleted his text and said pass obviously.

A couple weeks later...
-"jacksonmeal" messaged me and told me to contact email: [email protected]
I did that and was promised exactly what I wanted. When I requested photos of the harness I was sent 2 fuzzy pictures of a newer looking engine wiring harness. When I said can you confirm what car it is coming out of (wanting a pic of the MK1 to verify it was a 81 5ME), I was sent a picture of what looked to be a MG or small European car. I was given a price of $125 shipped via UPS to Canada.

Both of these users have recently joined this forum. I thought I would share my experience and maybe help track this. Must be a new attempt at scamming people on various forums.

-J.

Reactions: piratetip and trek

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Users may be blocked as per the agreement:
Termination

We may cancel or terminate your right to use the Web Site or any part of the Web Site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Web Site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Web Site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Service, shall survive.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Awesome guys!
Haha... nope. No money exchanged, I only use paypal anyways and always pay the fee! Learned that lesson a long time ago!
Thanks guys. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts