Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of the Supra at Lincoln, Ne. for the Nationals. The car performed very well, a few mods for next year and I think we can be right there with the top cars. Getting a top driver may be the bigger challenge :)

Middle pic shows how well the Trutrac diff is working in the rear, no complaints there!
Bottom pic is entry into a 180 deg sweeper, the front tires were sticking well, and like the Bimmers, the inside front tire tended to lift. The FWD cars mostly lifted the insider rear wheel. I'd prefer not to lift the tire, maybe next year I'll bump up the spring rates. Right now we are running 600 lb fronts, 500 lb rears. Hollow front bar, stock rear bar.

Courses were awesome 60 sec long, on decent concrete. Great for the RWD format!

Don L.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Looks good. I think the rates you have seem pretty to work pretty well. In the last pic the left front doesn't look overly compressed, and it has maximum traction. I always liked the lifting of the tire. I think that means everything is working well and sticking like it should. Also means you have some good torque powering out of the turns!

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. I think the rates you have seem pretty to work pretty well. In the last pic the left front doesn't look overly compressed, and it has maximum traction. I always liked the lifting of the tire. I think that means everything is working well and sticking like it should. Also means you have some good torque powering out of the turns!
Hey Frank, I increased the front camberto 4 deg for Nats. Seemed to work well, but we still think the car leans a bit much. Might test a stiffer setup for next season. Not 6m torque :)
but at least the rear end is hooking up well!

Don

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Excellent shots and I like the way the car looks. As long as you're not lifting both wheels off on that side there shouldn't be too much trouble... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent shots and I like the way the car looks. As long as you're not lifting both wheels off on that side there shouldn't be too much trouble... ;)
Actually, the inside rear was getting a bit unweighted, but I'm not ready for the 2 wheeled circus acts :)

Don

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Awesome shots! Very nicely done and great driving! MORE PICS!!!!

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
ROCKING!

I am seeing light under the front AND rear tires there on pic 2!

There is something crazy about those wheels, the further wheel in each picture looks ~1" larger in diameter... Love it.

That car is sticking like Billy on Beer.

--billyM

·
Registered
429 Posts
I can't think of a more badass looking competition MKII that yours Don.

Those wheels are hypnotic and then there's the simply awesome action photos...I can almost feel the G forces.

Really nice man, really nice.

That's calendar quality, and then some!

Congrats

1 - 20 of 37 Posts