Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been commuting 90 minutes each way to work since October. We will finally be closing on a house in Saginaw, MI in a couple of weeks. Anyway, since I have been driving there for work, I have not seen a single mk2 Supra. Yesterday we were checking out the neighborhood around our new house, and guess what? Three blocks down from my house I found a Black '83 Auto P-type with 79,000 miles. The car looks identical to my '82, cept it is an Auto. I talked to the owner for a while. He bought the car off his boss a year ago for $2000. The car is in very good condition, no rust anywhere. He said the only thing has done to it is replace the starter, otherwise it is completely stock. I let him know about the Forum, and of course, to keep me in mind if he wanted to get rid of it. :D

·
Founding Member
6,424 Posts
Congrats on the new place. Recently my Supras bought a new garage with adjacent living quarters for their mechanic. Unfortunately they haven't found any other Supras in their neighborhood. Our neighbors, the GM family on the west (tho its not clear if Buick and Chevy are married or just living together), the retired Mrs. Ford on the east, and the Cadillacs across the street have made all them feel welcome. Although I hope the neighbors don't get put off in time. You know how hard it can be keeping up with the Supras! :mrgreen:

Seriously tho I hope your new friend becomes as enthusiastic (or nuts! :silly: ) as the rest of us about his mk2 now that he knows about our group.

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If not, then maybe I can pick up a nice low mileage mk2 for a good price. Would be a nice car to do a conversion, though I am not sure how much torque the '83 auto could hold. By the way, I am one of many envious of your beautiful Supra House. Hoping to build me something similar some day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts