Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i had a spare AFM lying around for my 82 l type so i decided to do the AFM mod on it. I did and it seemed to work, got a little more horsepower but the car ate more gas though. i learned from the forum (my other post) that with my mods to my car the AFm mod really wasn't going to have any benefit. So i took it off and put on the stock AFM. Now when I start the car it idles rough and splutters and backfires untill it warms up.After it warms up it's fine. Also when you firststep on the gas after putting it in gear it occasionally sputters so bad it stalls out unless you really hold the gas down. Ok, What did I do wrong? I read a response from my other thread that if you set the fuel too rich you can screw up th O2 sensor and the cat. Is that what is happening? i only set AFM forward 4 notches and them moved it back 2. Any suggestions for a solution? thanks, Brian

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm...reset the computer?
That would be a no. Ok, how do you do it and what exactly does it do? :shock:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. This resets the computer to the original factory settings. The computer will the relearn your engines quirks when you restart. This takes a minute or two.
-Wil

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEY thanks! I think that worked! Thanks again, that saved me some money, I was going to take it to the mechanics and get a tuneup. It seems to be working fine now. Good call. Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts