Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
I'd be a bit interested in this because my poor old 82 seats have little support lift in 'em. It feels like I'm sitting on a toilet with the seat up! :toilet: I'm looking for some nice P-type seats but pickins are slim in my neck of the woods and shipping a used one woud be a last resort. (Besides, i need an old or cheap one for my dirt track project car.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
i have been thinking about going to a race seat for awhile because the stock p-type seat is so damned heavy, plus an aftermarket seat would proabably sit lower so that i could wear my helmet without having to have the sunroof open(im a tall bastard).

cyberauto has corbeu slide mounts listed for our cars so as long as you use a corbeu seat it should install pretty easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
karaki said:
Beyond wasting perfectly good money...i can not think of one reason in the world to replace the mk2 seats...
Bwahahah. Read Krunk's post. If/when I get another MkII that is what I will need to do to fit in there with helmet.

There are plenty of legit reasons even if you can't think of 'em. :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
getting lower is about the only real good reason I could see to go aftermarket, unless your going all race. Theres a seat guide in the current issues sport compact car. If your going with a reclining aftermarket seat, good luck dropping any pounds over the stock one. The stock seat weighs 45 pounds, and well over 10 of that (closer to 15) is just the rails. There were only a handful of reclining seats in the guide that were actually lighter then the stock mk2 seats (fyi, aftermarket seat weights are NEVER listed with the rails), and they cost between 400 to 800 bucks. If your going full race then you can get like 18 pound shell seats and such, but non reclining seats sucks in street cars. Oh and turbo, theres no such thing as a "drift seat". People in AE86s and 240sxs buy aftermarket racing seats so much because the stock seats in those cars have shitty lateral support. Those on a budget with rollas swap in supra seats, we have no such problems :wink: But hey, if you want to blow your money on an inferior seat, I'm sure I can hook you up with a pair of genuine drift seats for like $1000us :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
hrm. My experience with the fixed fiberglass Sparco Evo2 is that it's just fine for daily driving. 17 lbs seat and ~10 lbs in brackets.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
quick said:
hrm. My experience with the fixed fiberglass Sparco Evo2 is that it's just fine for daily driving. 17 lbs seat and ~10 lbs in brackets.
well I don't know about you Chris, but I take big road trips in my car and sometimes I sleep in my seats or at least want to be able to lay back to relax. Plus I still have back seats and would like to be able to use them :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Good point! I can't "lay back" in my driver's seat any more... :( ;)

They're fine for driving though... with the lumbar support cushion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Supra is an all out Drift car + I only plan on useing it as my Drfit car besides my $#!+'s guted lol maybe thats one of the resons I won on that three car race??? and besides every time I go into the freeway theres too much G force thats pulling on me so I do need that extra side hold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
karaki said:
turbosupra0101 said:
and besides every time I go into the freeway theres too much G force thats pulling on me so I do need that extra side hold.
:confused: ---> wonders how many g's his car can do entering the freeway.
Are you doing high speed doughnuts..what kind of power do you get out of that thing, my car can't pull g's thats not fair.......lol :lol_hitt:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
trdmkii said:
karaki said:
turbosupra0101 said:
and besides every time I go into the freeway theres too much G force thats pulling on me so I do need that extra side hold.
:confused: ---> wonders how many g's his car can do entering the freeway.
Are you doing high speed doughnuts..what kind of power do you get out of that thing, my car can't pull g's thats not fair.......lol :lol_hitt:
Thats cuz your car is not running at all :rotfl: :screwy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
karaki said:
:confused: ---> wonders how many g's his car can do entering the freeway.
Apropo G's. Do you know how many G's are pulled on you if your car goes in 50 km/h and crashes in the front of another car that goes in the same speed? 40 G's! Four-zero G'S!! Fighter pilots, eat y'er heart out!

Er, anyways. My MKII seats always hold me like glue when entering the freeway. And i like to enter the freeway with style. Once i entered sideways with my blackpra. (not intentially).
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
turbosupra0101 said:
My Supra is an all out Drift car + I only plan on useing it as my Drfit car besides my $#!+'s guted lol maybe thats one of the resons I won on that three car race??? and besides every time I go into the freeway theres too much G force thats pulling on me so I do need that extra side hold.
What, do you have ltype seats or something? Or are you crazy obese? I really can't see how the stock seats couldn't keep you firmly planted. They are adjustable you know, maybe play with that dial on the side of the upper portion a little :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top