Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the for sale guidelines I decided to give a heads up in this section of the forum so as not to violate the rules of the classified ads. I wanted to to list my car on here first because I want to give everyone here the opportunity before anyone else. But I'm better with a wrench than a computer, and I can't get pictures to load on here, so I'm gonna run it on ebay. However, the ebay listing will state that since the car is also for sale locally, I can end the auction early. This way, If someone wants to buy it, I can stop the auction. All the information about the car will be on the ebay listing, so please read it FIRST before asking questions. I have put much consideration into selling my car, going back and forth for about two months now! :sadsmilie I really do like this car, but my work truck/daily driver is reaching the end of it's life, and I have another project in progress as well. So I figured I've reached a good stopping point where I'm at with the Supra. It's running and driving great, and looks good, too. Just type in 1985 Toyota Supra in the search box on ebay and it'll show up sometime this afternoon. If I can't get what I have into it then I'm gonna hang on to it. I bought the car with 82,624 original miles, and it now has 85,308 miles. I bought the car this past March for $4000, and I put another 4 grand into it. My reserve price is of $8000 is EXACTLY what I've got in this car, not including countless hours of labor. I know that may seem like a lot, but check out the list of parts. Go have a look and if anyone is serious, I'll take a non refundable $100 deposit to take the car off the auction. Right now, the weather here is nice, but please understand that if the weather gets bad, I can't let the car be driven for test drives as I store it in the garage through the winter. I am located in Clinton, Pennsylvania (southwest PA) near the Pittsburgh International Airport.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Photobucket.com is your friend, no easier way to get pictures on the net. If you can make an avatar and ebay ad you most certainly can post links from photobucket.

I hate to break your heart, but I can almost guarantee you that $8k is not going to happen, but good luck anyway. She looks really nice from the small pic I can see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I realize that it's a lot, but when I totaled everything up, that's what I came up with. There's a list of things I've done to the car on ebay, and I have all the receipts. If I can't get the money, I'm just gonna keep it. I put a lot of work and money into this car over the summer, so I can't let that go to waste.

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
copy-paste

you said:
For sale is a 1985 Toyota Supra, 5 speed, Super Deep Red, 85,308 original miles. I am the second owner of this car, and it has always been garage kept. I purchased it in March 2009 with 82,624 miles. The car was 100% stock when I bought it, and had an oil leak in the cam towers which I fixed. A lot has been done to this car to make it run better. It was my toy, but now that my daily driver work truck is on it's way out, I've decided to sell the car. This car has no problems, runs and drives very nice. Here is a list of items replaced and/or upgraded:

new Sylvania halogen headlights

Silverstar H3 driving lights w/wiring mod (enables fog lights to be turned on without the headlights, see picture)

Flex-A-Lite 14 inch electric cooling fan w/adjustable temp control and rad flushed/fresh coolant and Dayco upper and lower rad hoses, and "suicide" hose (runs along bottom of intake manifold)

NAPA Legend 75 month 650 CCA battery w/ new battery hold-down

power steering system drained (lines, pump, rack) and refilled with Amsoil synthetic ATF and new Dayco pwr steering belt

Dayco timing belt, Dayco tensioner, Beck Arnley oil pump drive seal, Fel-Pro front main bearing seal, Fel-Pro front cam seals, Fel-Pro metal cam tower gaskets sprayed with Permatex Copper gasket sealant, OEM Toyota rear cam seals, Fel-Pro valve cover gasket set, refinished valve covers, Beck Arnley timing cover gasket set

Bosch dist. cap and rotor, NGK plug wires, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Purolator fuel filter, Amsoil Premium Protection 10W-40 synthetic motor oil with zinc, Amsoil EA oil filter

Raptor Racing 6-into-1 ceramic coated exhaust header w/ new OEM Toyota exhaust manifold studs and Fel-Pro gasket, Raptor Racing 2.5 inch full stainless exhaust system w/ Magnaflow metallic cat and stainless muffler

Rabid Chimp ceramic coated cold air intake w/ K&N X-streme airfow cone type air filter

Raptor Racing 6-puck feramic clutch, Techna-Fit stainless/braided clutch line, new slave cylinder, Prestone DOT 4 synthetic fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 oil in transmission and rear differential

S3 short-throw shifter, Billy-M bronze shift socket, new leather shift boot

Brand new Pioneer head unit w/ ipod connection ( control your ipod with the head unit ) and remote

real Italian leather center console cover and padding by Fitzgerald's upholstery shop

repainted windshield wipers and hatch wiper with new Trico blades

Everything on this car works, no leaks in the sunroof, tires are excellent. The first owner kept the car stored through winter since 1990. I have taken very good care of this car as these are getting hard to find in this condition. It was cleaned and waxed thoroughly. I removed the A/C system, but did it carefully. All the lines, fittings, compressor, condenser and air drier are included with the car. Also included are a Haynes manual, an extra water pump, brake master cylinder, and a set of drilled and slotted rotors, all brand new, the original full-size spare and a car cover. I kept the stock air intake, clutch cooling fan, and exhaust system for those that may want to put the car back to stock. There is no rust on this car at all. When I bought the car, it had a hole in the rocker on the driver side in front of the rear wheel. I fixed it the right way by cutting out out the rust, welding in a new patch panel, filled and smoothed it, then painted to match (see picture). The undercarriage is spotless, the paint is original, and though not perfect, it still looks very good for it's age. I have a packet with all the receipts for parts, the original window sticker, first registaration, etc. I'll need a $100 non refundable deposit from the buyer through PayPal within 24 hours of the auctions end. The rest will need to be cash or a certified bank check within seven days. I reserve the right to end the auction early as the car is for sale locally. Thanks for looking.
Saying all that cost you 4k is a stretch, and you're asking mint-car price for a rust-repaired, AC-deleted, non original car.

Best wishes on the sale, but don't expect the bidding to exceed $5k if they know any better.

--billyM

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Man, with all those parts(some really good stuff on her) and your countless hours of tlc I would do everything I could to keep it. Unless you are just sick of it - which happens sometimes.

Real eye-tal-iun leather? Lol :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Is this paid spam ??

Just curious.

All that work....wow !! just keep it

·
Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
Sounds like a great car, and that it should be worth around 5-6k at least. 8k is what the car should be worth now if the people who buy these cars (us) weren't so fricken cheap. Seriously, we're our own worst eniemies when it comes to increasing the value of these cars that we love so much and we always bitch about them not being properly recognized as collector car material yet. How are they ever going to appreciate when the folks on the premier community for these cars in the world aren't willing to pay more for them and several members post up right away dissing your price as soon as you list it?

Let the man ask whatever he wants, it will either sell or won't. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
copy-paste

Saying all that cost you 4k is a stretch, and you're asking mint-car price for a rust-repaired, AC-deleted, non original car.

Best wishes on the sale, but don't expect the bidding to exceed $5k if they know any better.

--billyM
Bottom line is, I paid 4 grand for the car, fixed the minor issues it had, and put another 4 grand into it to get it where it is now. I have the receipts to back it up. How do you think I came up with my price? Just because I fixed ONE rust area you act like it's a bucket. In case you didn't read the ad, all the original parts come with the car, including the A/C. Take it or leave it, if it sells, it sells, if not, it stays in my garage under a car cover. 5 grand?! .......hahaha, I'm not givin it away!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Whats really honestly sad...but anybody who has ever really built a car will tell you is that you will hardly ever get out of it what you put into it.
Unless everything you get for it/do to it is a smokin good deal, you wont get it back out.

Its a sad reality, and it sucks.

Good luck tho. Awesome car!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Great car bringing a great price.....Good on Ya !!

8K with 5 day's left.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I've been around this hobby for 50 years and have proven time and again that it is less expensive to buy quality than to build quality. You simply cannot build a car of this quality for $8k even if you have a shell given to you. And even if you could it would not be 'original'. Watch the big auctions .. original survivors bring the premium dollars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I forgot to mention that the car also has a SPEC aluminum flywheel on the ebay parts list. After everything was done, I drove it for about 500 miles to break in the clutch and make sure everything was straight.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
What about this, if you have those original pieces exhaust, intake and what not, put it back on, re-list it with a lower price if everyone is convinced you wont sell it.

Then re-sell the aftermarket parts you got for it, you can get top dollar for those parts because they are wanted on the board.

just an idea.

·
Registered
599 Posts
the supra sarge !! :laugh:

Shill bidding policy

Shill bidding is bidding that artificially increases an item’s price or desirability. It’s also bidding by the people the seller knows—including family members, roommates, or employee—who could have certain information about the item that other members aren’t aware of. To make sure no one gets an unfair advantage, we don’t allow shill bidding on eBay.

If people close to you want to buy your item, they can use a format that doesn’t involve bidding, such as Buy It Now.

If you have employees, make sure they’re aware of this policy and what the consequences are for violating it.

Review our Shill Bidding tutorial to learn more about this policy.

If you sell an item using a fixed price format, keep in mind that fixed price purchases can't be used to increase a member's Feedback ratings or search standing. If you violate this policy, you may be suspended from using our site. For more details on our guidelines, see our Feedback manipulation policy and our search and browse manipulation policy.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

If you think someone's breaking the rules, report it to us. Be sure to provide the member's user ID and the item number.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about this, if you have those original pieces exhaust, intake and what not, put it back on, re-list it with a lower price if everyone is convinced you wont sell it.

Then re-sell the aftermarket parts you got for it, you can get top dollar for those parts because they are wanted on the board.

just an idea.
That's a very good alternative, I may do that if this doesn't work out. Although that would be a hassle and the car runs so much better than it did before!

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
BidHistory said:
a***o( 46)
US $8,000.00 Nov-05-09 15:55:59 PST <-bahahahahahahahaha!!!1!! GTFO.
a***o( 46)
US $7,000.00 Nov-05-09 15:55:41 PST <-lolz, OMG MOAR SHILL BIDDING HERE PLZ!
a***o( 46)
US $6,000.00 Nov-05-09 15:55:19 PST <-outbid himself? either not-legit or mildly retarded....
a***o( 46)
US $5,000.00 Nov-05-09 15:54:07 PST <-could possibly be maybe legit?
l***p( 3844)
US $4,377.77 Nov-04-09 13:01:03 PST <- very legit, used proxy bidding to a reasonable ammount, lots of purchases
l***n( 4 )
US $3,150.00 Nov-04-09 22:02:58 PST <-legit
2***s( 1018)
US $3,050.00 Nov-04-09 11:30:55 PST <-legit
4***h( 1 )
US $3,000.00 Nov-03-09 21:04:43 PST <-legit
r***p( 70)
US $3,000.00 Nov-04-09 01:22:54 PST <-legit
r***p( 70)
US $2,000.00 Nov-04-09 01:22:35 PST <-legit
Starting Price US $500.00 Nov-03-09 19:58:12 PST
...if only someone had come along and offered a conservative estimate of what your car would bring...

...oh wait...

We get it though, your way of saying "8k or No-Way"...

The other possibility is, when you set an outlandish reserve (8k for example), sometimes legitimate buyers will go to their limit ($4,377) and if they think that's a reasonable bid, they'll use another account to "feel out" the reserve.

--BillyM

·
Registered
599 Posts
car is going to a good home we hope...last day of the auction + over reserve.
Regardless of what someone is willing to pay....It appears they will be getting an awesome car with tons of expensive mods/fixes

I can't imagine buying this car, then later finding this site and thread....would kind of be a bummer !!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts