Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
She Runs! 5MGE Full Resto. (20+ Pics)

Well this is my 5MGE rebuild.

Firstly, I am sorry, I did not get enough pictures of actually putting the engine together (at the time I was more interested in getting it together)

VIDEO HERE (DONE)[/B]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igxP7xdL-U4

Here we go.

Took a quick break, when I barely did any work! No wonder it took so long

Well, I was waiting on the engine block being glass blasted in the shop, also a valve job. So I went to a concert!

.. and the beach!

Done. VIDEO HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igxP7xdL-U4

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why u cut a hole the cam cover .. good way to get all kinds of crap in there
It's Plexiglass, and its WELL sealed.

Tomorrow I am going to get a way better video without smoke + fixed idle & timing lol

Just got in from timing it and setting the idle, going to a shop tomorrow to perfect it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Good Job man!

Ahhh... I know how it feels to hear a car running after you have put hours and hours of labor into it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated with pics, the new video might sound weird. There is a huge hole in the exaust, getting it welded tomorrow. PLUS taking it for a drive :).. to get timed perfectly

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Dude....

I have been debating on putting two little leds into my timing cover. Some might call it rice, but it would be cool for shows and stuff.
And because I have a hood scoop that you can clearly see my timing window through that would be awesome as well...

Just cant decide...hmm.

I would have mounted them in a spot less noticeable (out of sight of window so you can only see the light).

I wanna see that lit up to see if I like it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude....

I have been debating on putting two little leds into my timing cover. Some might call it rice, but it would be cool for shows and stuff.
And because I have a hood scoop that you can clearly see my timing window through that would be awesome as well...

Just cant decide...hmm.

I would have mounted them in a spot less noticeable (out of sight of window so you can only see the light).

I wanna see that lit up to see if I like it.

What you see is just the wires, I put 12 LED's on the underside of the top of the cover.
I am 19, turning twenty soon, I figured ide do it while I was still a teenager :)

I am watching it though, afraid if it gets too hot the LED's might fall down and the wiring get tangled, so far its fine.

i will get a pic for you, its REALLY bright, and shines on the fan too. I hooked them up to my hood light, so when the hood is open, the LED's turn on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts