Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shifter differances between w58 trannys anybody know if there is a difference? im swapping trannys out of my 84 but the shifter likage that engages the gears under the cap is different. the one i had sat down into the tranny the one that i have now is raised. if anyone can aswer this and give me a year it would be great. :?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey norbie what i meant was that under the cap where the shifter sits. there is a raised loop conected to the selector rod. on my old one it was down inside of it. this i don't have the shifter for the raised one and don't know what year it would be, so that i could buy a new shifter since i don't have now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what your saying is i need to change the selectorunder the cap for the lower unit from my other trans??? i would prefer not to due to the sloppyness of my old one. and the towers are the same. :? :?: really just trying to figur out what shifter to buy honestly :?:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.