Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so should i even really bother getting a supra? mk2 of course

i mean i may be abel to buy one here in a lil while but i know it wont be good in the snow and i wouldnt want a supra rusting more anyhow. as for autoX is concerned i was thinking about searching for a 914 do some shock springs sway bar annd tires i know parts can be more pricey but eh its german or maybe a 944 cuz there nutral handeling cars with near 200 hp stock if u get an s model

ahhhhhh damnit i just dont know since i need to sell the audi befor anythign really since i only have about a grand in the bank and damnit school is starting again meaning im getting screwed outta work houres so that means less money every month to put away

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Well, one thing to think about is the repair costs. My Supra costs very little to keep going. If I hadn't gone turbo I really wouldn't have spent that much money on her in the last year or so.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
The mk2 is a great car with many strengths, but I can't go out and honestly recomend that everyone get one. You have to have a passion for it. If your just looking at pure performance, theres lots of better cars. If your just looking at cheap maintenace and reliablity, theres also better cars. And then factor in the fact that pretty much any mk2 you buy is going to need some rust work, well you better have a passion to own the car. So really you shouldn't have to ask us, either you want one or you don't. If you do, theres no question. Whats a mk2 guy without a mk2? :D (you listening Mr Malloy :wink: )

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraFiend said:
Whats a mk2 guy without a mk2? :D (you listening Mr Malloy :wink: )
A MkII guy looking for a good deal on another MkII. :)

Easy.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
well personally reading the list of cars you provided, the supra is your best bet. They are the most reliable, the upkeep is much cheaper and with a little suspension work and tires you can seriuosly compete in stock autocross class......

but again as they said its all what you want.....I think the mk2 is the greatest car in the world along with the best car toyota has every produced. I would own 50 if i could and i don't want another car.....so its all about passion

*of course i suffer from MSS.....lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im not going for total performance cuz i have no money lol but i really really like mk2's its just a 914 is really small for autoX and would make a decent daily in decent weather i dont thinkn i can afford 2 cars right now tho so i may just keep the audi and slap a 10vt in there in a summer or 2 unless plans change

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
last time i rode in a 914, it made me think of a volkswagon bug that had a targa top and made lots of noise.

it also rode like a friggin apple cart... but thats just my opinion.

a 944... hmm, i keep having horrible flashbacks of trying to fix my friends car when her headgasket went, it probably would have been cheaper and easier to buy a new engine, because every shop we went to for surfacing wanted to screw us outa tons of cash, just for a lil milling work.

not to turn you off of those cars, but just some personal observations.

i love my supra, and due to an engine swap, ive done a fair bit of work on it in the last while, and it wasnt really difficult.
so far, its been an awesome, economical vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
quick said:
SupraFiend said:
Whats a mk2 guy without a mk2? :D (you listening Mr Malloy :wink: )
A MkII guy looking for a good deal on another MkII. :)

Easy.
Same definition as a mkII guy with a mkII.

Last lifetime I was always looking for a horse I could ride hard and put away wet. This lifetime the Supra came along and takes everything I dish out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well... I've currently drive a 944 right now and I'd much rather have a MK2. Yeah its a better handling car, but the upkeep is just damn expensive especially when you're a teenager, and you could find a better condition supra for less then the price of an s model 944 in worse condition. Plus I'd just rather have the I6 :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i think ive decided on a nissan 240sx coupe circa 92 i cant find any for sale for a price i have in mind but ima keep on keppin on

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
so since you dont have a mk2 and your going to get a nissan doesnt that make you a troll? :confused: :dancin: :toilet: :rotfl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts