Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Just wanted too see how many folks are on this forum who are in the North West (Oregon, Washington, and Idaho)! I’m in Eugene Oregon with an orange MkII that needs too much work to comprehend! Also is there any supra meets already set up for our area? If not, and if there is enough of a response, we should get something going!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yo.

I'm just outside of Portland OR. I used to live in Eugene when I went to UO, would love to see all the Oregon folks get togather!

will
[email protected]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Give this a try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pacnw/messages

Or here:

http://pacnw.supras.org/

The biggest NW meet of the year so far is taking place next month at Baxter's historic races. Keith H is putting another "national" NW meet in August I believe.
I just moved from Eugene a couple months ago, but there is a couple peeps there that you should get to know. One of them is is Nick (fwdsux here).
Welcome to the group!
Jamie

·
Registered
790 Posts
Will, since somebody already mentioned PacNW Supras...

Uhm, hi, I'm (stuck) in Monmouth, OR right now. Charming hick town about 20 minutes from Salem. What exactly is wrong with your car?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Woohoo!!!!!

Seattle,WA here!!!!

As Jamie Bergen mentioned, check out the PacNW Supras website that she mentioned. We've been around since July of 97.

ALSO!!! Check out the thread in the Show/Event section on the Baxter's Historical Races that will be happening on the 2nd weekend of July @ Portland International Raceway. Myself & several PacNW MKII owners that are here on the forums will be attending. Hope to see you there maybe???

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Usagisama 83' said:
Hey! Just wanted too see how many folks are on this forum who are in the North West (Oregon, Washington, and Idaho)! I’m in Eugene Oregon with an orange MkII that needs too much work to comprehend! Also is there any supra meets already set up for our area? If not, and if there is enough of a response, we should get something going!
Usagisama,

Welcome to the CelicaSupra.com forum! As Jamie and Chris have mentioned, there are a bunch of Supra owners up in your area and the PacNW group seems to be pretty active up there. If you need help with your car, have questions etc - this forum and the PacNW site would be the places to find it.

Also...the color of your car is called "Terra Cotta" - not orange ;)

I happen to own one of those "orange" Mk2 Supras too :shock:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh...Mine was terra cotta till the previous owner got a bad repaint. Now the clear coat is "missing" and it is very orange! Thats cool that there is already a PacNW group going strong. I will have to check out this Portland event! After all it is only 2 hours away from Eugene. I hope to see some of you folks there.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Seattle. Hail from Gladstone originally -- spent way too much time at/near Clackamas Town Center...

...also lived in Salem for 4 years.... and Beaverton/Aloha for 4.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Several other peeps up here as well......

Don Culbertson (Marysville, WA, not on the Forums at the moment). Shawn Pease (aka Junkie) in Everett, WA, Wade Tobin (aka Wade T) in Auburn, WA. Aaron Garney (aka the Rabid Chimp up @ Maxx Autoworks) in Steilacoom, WA. Sam O'Hollaran (aka Black Dawg) down in Corvallis, OR. The list goes on & on... We have a fairly active MKII group up here in the PacNW, esp since Don & Shawn are up here doing 7M-GTE conversions.

The ONE pathetic part about all of this.... Besides Sam, out of ~8 - 10 MKI's on the PacNW members database, my 81 Silver Slug is currently the only active MKI that participates in PacNW meets (hopefully Sam will soon change that, eventually). :D

If you can, DO COME to the Baxters Meet in July, talk to myself & check out my 85 Redpra, See Don Culbertson's 7M-GTE conversion in his Black 84, "hopefully" see Ophir Ronen's 400rwhp 7M-GTE beast in his Maroon 84, See Shawn's 83 L-Type, Meet Chris Wick (our List Moderator) & his White 94 MKIVTT BPU+.... Ask us lots of dumb questions, hopefully all of us will be there both days :shock: 8)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm actually thinking hard about not attending Baxters. Not sure right now, but pretty sure I won't be there.

Too many other important things going on... so if anyone wants my tix -- $35 (what I paid) and your car can go and drive on the track, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If only my supra was painted and insured! (right now my supra is kinda in limbo, don't like driving an uninsured car more than 4 blocks!) I would so buy your tickets. As it is I'm probobly going to have to barrow a car from my folks to go up there to see all the PacNW MkIIs.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Grr.... Chris!!!!!!

Yeah, if you can't make it, it "should" be okay if you want to offer your ticket here if anyone else is interested. Then eventually let Vinnie know. If nobody here wants it, then offer it to the PacNW list. Rob Fenner was still debating about going down for 1 day, but he's still not sure.

Otherwise, I would bring the MKI down also, but I need to do some more long distance driving on it, to make sure the temperature guage has FINALLY settled down once & for all (just did a new thermostat a few weeks ago & it helped allot). Then I would need a volunteer to drive it down for me... My GF already said that she would not drive it down.. :p If someone could trailer it down to Portland & drop it off @ Keith's house, then that would work.

If you do decide that the answer is no, then post something in the Show/Event forums in the Baxters thread. :(

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I will post there as/if I know.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Here in the Eugene. About 2 years ago I lived up in Seattle (NW 90th) in my blue 83.

Can't wait for Baxter's so I can meet a lot of you folks! Too bad my blue car won't be ready...I'll be in the shiny-mashed 84.

Nick

·
Registered
118 Posts
i live like 20 minets south of bend oregon(sunriver area) and im still looking for my supra. i gots an 85 audi :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts