Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing a triple side draft carb set up on my MKII. I got some info that is not current. I would like help in locating a manifold and any advise anyone has on this set-up. I was thinking of doing a 7mgte swap but i may hold off on that until i find a cleaner MKii to put it in. any help would be good.

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
Search the yahoo list. Someone put detailed pictures and diagrams of how to fabricate your own manifold.

Finding a manifold prebuilt is... heh...

Better luck winning the lottery, literally.

--BillyM

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
William82 should be chiming in on this real soon.He's been looking at this mod for about a year,and I think he has most of it figured out.Custom manifold is the problem.How much time/effort/money do you have,or do you have connections,is what is going to be the holdup.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
William is going with a set of Weber DCOE sidedraft carbs. for one of his engine builds. I have all three carbs. here at my place. One carb. rebuilt, two more to go. 8) The rebuild kits were found on ebay for a very reasonable price but had to come all the way from South Africa. William has a web page somewhere ?? with photos of the carbs. in a folder titled "Williams' Webers".

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
yeah, i have 3 40mm webbers so far, trying to buy the 4 50mm dcoe's of my buddy currently. anyway, all i need to do for the manifold is get a welding machine. ive already located sources for all the materials needed. heres a link to the pics of one of the 40's disasembled.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/williamb82/lst?.dir=/William's+weber's&.view=t

and heres a link to the info on the manifold.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mk2/files/5m_6m Tripple Manifold/

ive already got everything figured out except will the rear carb fit properly. the manifold was sold in japan where the brake booster was on the other side of the car. dont know if there will be any issues or not. havent stripped the intake off my blue car and taken measurements yet.
william

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
well, with carbs and an 82 ignition, there is no rev limit so you can balance the engine and rev as high as you want. im thinking a 7500rpm rev limit is gonna be nice, but also, the side draft carbs will be much more responsive then the stock efi and if tuned properly will yeild more hp then the stock efi. btw, i have a ported and polished head, cams, and a 6-1 header that will go along with the carbs. this should yeild plenty of power.
william

1 - 7 of 7 Posts