Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the side trim permanantly from their supra? I'm thinking about taking mine off when I go solid color from the 2 tone red/black, but I'm wondering if it'll turn out how i hope. Also, does the trim along the bottom of the car get messed up real quickly for anyone else? Seems like it gets beat on a lot more than I notice.. Ah well, might have to scrap that too :) if nothing else it'll give me ½ of a ½ hp gain. Score

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
If its an L-type, then it might look OK without the door guard strips but on a P-type, realize that it will leave gaps at the fender flares that are shaped like something ought to go there and is missing. A savvy fiberglass man could probably modify the flares to make it look right but would cost a little more. The rocker mouldings do take a beating and tend to rust but are still available from toyota about $90 each from Jay Marks Toyota. Car looks kinda nekkid without the rocker mouldings IMO.

Phil D.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've got an 82 p-type, I could probably jerry-rig something to fit in there, dad's a carpenter so I've got all the tools I could ever need. I think i'll leave em on there just to draw attention from the usual parking lot dings, though :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts