Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
No idea about shipping cost to Canada - I had them shipped to Las Vegas and picked them up when I visited my parents last month.

I have found with unreasonable shipping costs, it can be beneficial to contact the company by phone. Sometimes they don't realise that USPS will deliver to Canada easily, and it is inexpensive.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Mine is an 84 so no heated mirrors, I have never actually taken apart a heated mirror. If they have the screw in the bottom I'm going to assume the construction of the mirror is the same, and it is just the glass assembly that is different, with a built in heater and 5 pin plug. Guess I will find out with Tara's car that is actually an early 86.

With it being a nice day only car, I doubt that any use would be found for the mirror heat. Do they just turn on along with the rear glass when the defog switch is flipped on?
Yup. Super awesome on any car that sits outside over night and has to be started on a frosty morning. Ice scraping these delicate mirrors is a bad idea.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Ran the rebuilt mirrors with the music wire springs https://www.thespringstore.com/pe075-500-45334-mw-4000-mh-n-in.html that have about 10.5 lbs of initial force when installed and didn't notice any shaking or movement of the mirrors even at 250 kph+ on the racetrack. Plus I have bumped into the passenger side a couple times and it folds very nicely now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Eastwood sells a plating system for small parts for $76.00. It would just about pay for itself if costs in your area are about the same as what Funky paid to Alberta Plating. It could also be used to refurbish mounting brackets in the engine bay for example. It also comes with a tube of metal polish if you want the part to look like chrome plating.

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-electroplating-system-tin-zinc.html

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Thats pretty cool that you can do that at home! I had an electrolysis tank setup myself for awhile, but to remove rust.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts