Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done this? We (me and my gf) were tossing around ideas the other day and this one came up; the exhaust could go from the cat to a sidepipe (pass side) instead of out the back. This would allow for the possibilty of a bigger gas tank (I hate filling it every 250 mi on roadtrips) and have a certain cool custom factor...

PS, the main reason I'm considering this is when I go turbo (hopefully late this summer), I'm going to have the exhaust redone anyway for larger piping (stock currently)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It can be done, but check if it's legal in your area (it probably isn't). Be aware that it will be much louder than a full system, even with the same muffler(s). Make sure your hatch seal is good otherwise you'll gas yourself!

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Sparky,

I have only seen a sidepipe setup on "ONE" MKII, and that was Russ Matusevich's drag race 85. It's "barely" street legal, but it is quite loud.

Personally, the sidepipe is nice "ASSUMING" that you will be keeping the passenger side window up all the time, so that you're not sucking in exhaust fumes when you're idling @ a stoplight.... (cough, cough). Otherwise, keep the normal exhaust system setup (remember, Brullen DOES make a 3" exhaust piping cat-back system for those who have gone turbo on their MKII's).

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey i have a 3in custom exhaust and i have it run from the cat to the driver side rear right before the tire. i used a dynomax bullet race muffler. the top end performance greatly increased and it sounds like a V8 wich scares most of the young honda boys. best of luck
steve
14.42 at 98 75 shot intake and side pipe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts